Professionalism Of Thai Cockpit Crew Questioned After Bad Landing

Jai Dee

Must say it may be welcome not to hear more - though I, personally, would like to know for whom you fly - as I, too, will avoid that carrier (along with THAI) like the plague. I will fly with NWA (and the Capt 000 types anyday). You smack to me of the mentality that is so common amongst THAI, 1-2-Go, and the like.

(15 years is all?)

My final post on this matter until I have a copy of the full DCA report is this:

1. If the allegations of failure to report are true. This is gross misconduct and the appropiate measures actions will be undertaken.

2. The incident occured due to a failure of a component of the braking system - The incident was well assessed / handled by the crew resulting in only minor damage to aircraft / ground facilities and no injuries to anyone. It was a well controlled emergency as far as I am concerned.

Things will become clearer towards the end of the year with the investigation results are published.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And an example of how to handle {minimise passenger concern} by an airline far far away {at least in attitude}.

Singapore - The wingtips of two Singapore Airlines (SIA) planes hit each other while taxiing for take-off, but there were no injuries, the national carrier said on Sunday.

Both Boeing 777 aircraft suffered minor damage in Saturday's accident at Changi Airport, SIA officials said.

The passengers were transferred to other aircraft for their flights to Copenhagen and Rome.

An investigation is underway, the national carrier said. The number of passengers aboard the two planes was not disclosed.

From the Nation website

Regards

And an example of how to handle {minimise passenger concern} by an airline far far away {at least in attitude}.
Singapore - The wingtips of two Singapore Airlines (SIA) planes hit each other while taxiing for take-off, but there were no injuries, the national carrier said on Sunday.

Both Boeing 777 aircraft suffered minor damage in Saturday's accident at Changi Airport, SIA officials said.

The passengers were transferred to other aircraft for their flights to Copenhagen and Rome.

An investigation is underway, the national carrier said. The number of passengers aboard the two planes was not disclosed.

From the Nation website

Regards

......... ............ ............ ...................

"It is reported that the wingtips of two aircraft came into contact while both aircraft were taxiing at low speed," company spokesman Stephen Forshaw said.

smh.com.au

memo Stephen Forshaw ,

no need to apply to Thai for employement .

Edit to add

Forshaw said an investigation had begun, with the pilots of both aircraft assisting the relevant authorities.

forbes.com

Edited by Mid