Forum upgrade in progress! ×

When does EVA seat selection open

We’ve just booked 2 weeks at the end of May and logged into EVA air website to select seats (we know it’s £40 per person, each way)

every seat was grey out as ‘unavailable’.  Are they greyed out until a certain time before the flight? 

have only ever booked a seat last minute previously, as in 2 or 3 weeks before departure. 

11 hours ago, mrblonde said:

We’ve just booked 2 weeks at the end of May and logged into EVA air website to select seats (we know it’s £40 per person, each way)

every seat was grey out as ‘unavailable’.  Are they greyed out until a certain time before the flight? 

have only ever booked a seat last minute previously, as in 2 or 3 weeks before departure. 

I had this issue when returning  from the UK. Couldn't  book for free until a day or so before the flight. When they were open for free booking there was a mad rush and nearly all the seats were rapidly prebooked. To ensure I got a seat on the flight I had to pay 150 pounds for a seat by the emergency  exit which had lots of legroom as no seats in front of me. In the end I was glad I paid because the flight was completely full and the ordinary seats looked very cramped.

I have always flown EVA in the past but after this I might consider another airline next time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check in staff ALWAYS have aisle seats in if you ask nicely should you not be able to get your preferred seat when online check in opens

On the extremely rare occasion I've been assigned a middle seat (on any airline) have always been able to change it at official check in on the day (obviously dont turn up with 45 minutes to go lol)

Edited by Chivas