Koh Samui Trip During Full Moon Party

I am going to Samui in February during the Full Moon Party.

Are there any nice cannabis cafes in Samui?

Are there any Thai nightclubs like Mahanakhon in Pattaya Tai? 
Is Bolt service readily available, like in Pattaya? 
I'm also going to Koh Phangan for the full moon party. Any tips?

• Haha 1

If you are staying on Samui and going to the FMP, then book your speedboat as soon as you get here. You will have more choice.

If you are staying on KPN for The FMP then it depends on where you are staying. If near Haad Rinn then there is only one ferry. The Haad Rinn Queen. Again book early. That one gets very busy.

More choices if you are going to Thong Sala.

I use this company for booking ferries to KPN.

https://www.phanganferries.com/

There is no Bolt on Samui but there is Grab

Lots of cannabis shops and cafes on Samui but I have no idea if they are 'nice'.

Bangrak is a small village where the ferries/speedboats leave for KPN. At the last count, there were more than 13.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

If you are staying on Samui and going to the FMP, then book your speedboat as soon as you get here. You will have more choice.

If you are staying on KPN for The FMP then it depends on where you are staying. If near Haad Rinn then there is only one ferry. The Haad Rinn Queen. Again book early. That one gets very busy.

More choices if you are going to Thong Sala.

I use this company for booking ferries to KPN.

https://www.phanganferries.com/

There is no Bolt on Samui but there is Grab

Lots of cannabis shops and cafes on Samui but I have no idea if they are 'nice'.

Bangrak is a small village where the ferries/speedboats leave for KPN. At the last count, there were more than 13.

I am staying on the eastern side of Samui Island (near Chaweng) for two days. I'll go to Phangan on Sunday afternoon. In Phangan, I am staying in Thong Sala. I have to go to Haad Rin from Thong Sala for the FMP. How do I go there? Grab? 

10 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I am staying on the eastern side of Samui Island (near Chaweng) for two days. I'll go to Phangan on Sunday afternoon. In Phangan, I am staying in Thong Sala. I have to go to Haad Rin from Thong Sala for the FMP. How do I go there? Grab? 

I do not know of Grab or Bolt being on KPN. I always rent a scooter when I go there. There are non-meter taxis. Your hotel may offer a shuttle service for guests.

If you look at the link that I posted, you have a couple of choices for Thong Sala.

Seatran Discovery from Bangrak (closer to Chaweng) or Lomlahk/Lomprayah from Maenam

16 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I am going to Samui in February during the Full Moon Party.

Are there any nice cannabis cafes in Samui?

Are there any Thai nightclubs like Mahanakhon in Pattaya Tai? 
Is Bolt service readily available, like in Pattaya? 
I'm also going to Koh Phangan for the full moon party. Any tips?

There are plenty of cannabis outlets and cafes – in number more than there are 7-Eleven shops – however, I have no personal experience if they are good or not. There are also a number of them in the nightlife area at Chaweng – mainly around so-called Soi Green Mango – you might even be eligible for a free joint, if you dine at Pineapple...

image.thumb.jpeg.7c11adc5e394037006fb74af735fc8d6.jpeg

Yes, you'll find Thai nightclubs in Chaweng. By the lake on 2nd road from the beach is Old School Bar (marked on the map), and on the peninsula in the lake Ma-Ha-Te is about to reopen in a new build club-building next to Lakeside Hostel. Also Roza Bar has many Thai guests...

image.png.dec493178629a93e67f0b7eace59bd0f.png

As mentioned above by @Tropicalevo, Grab is available.

If you stay on Samui and commute to the Full Moon Part by speed boat, there are many operator which includes transfer by minibus from/to your hotel. Book in advance for transfer and to be certain of space. Some of the major companies are Lomprayah/Lomlakh (Bang Rak), Ruangsri and Mr. Tu (Phu Yai Non pier), and Grand Sea Discovery (Maenam).

If you commute to Haad Rin on Koh Phangan for the party, be aware of that most resorts have a minimum stay of about 4 nites around the FMP dates. As mentioned above the Haad Rin Queen – she sails from her Bang Rak pier – can be heavily booked around FMP. Another option is the Lomprayah catamaran from Pralarn Pier (Maenam) that sails to Thiongsala on Phangan, you need transfer from there to Haad Rin. Lomprayah offers a minibus transfer servide from/to hotels on Samui; I have no kn owledgeif they have similar service on Phangan.

• Thumbs Up 1