Western society is doomed if these people are going to run it

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are too late. Western society was doomed when the claim that there are more than 2 genders was taken seriously.

Our society has become too soft and dumb to survive, IMO.

I'm a little more optimistic, believing that we're at the "Hard times create strong men" phase.

Though the whackjobs seem to have the upper hand today. 

Once they no longer have the freedom or the gas money (or gas) to get to their protests, they'll quiet down.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I'm a little more optimistic, believing that we're at the "Hard times create strong men" phase.

So long as the strong man you beleive in is not who I think you believe in.🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Though the whackjobs seem to have the upper hand today. 

Once they no longer have the freedom or the gas money (or gas) to get to their protests, they'll quiet down.

It's normal for civilizations to rot from within, and when too rotten they fail. I don't think we are at that stage yet, but getting there.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

So long as the strong man you beleive in is not who I think you believe in.🤔

The end of western civilization is too overwhelming for any individual to halt. The way it's going the "enemy" won't even need to fight us.

Rome is the example of an empire too rotten to survive and the new masters just walked in and took it. Wasn't hard to do as they were the mercenaries recruited to guard Rome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's normal for civilizations to rot from within, and when too rotten they fail. I don't think we are at that stage yet, but getting there.

Yup.  US GDP went up by $1.5 Trillion last year and all it took was driving the the national debt up by $4 trillion in the same year.

They figured out how to vote themselves money from the treasury.  And that seems to be a common theme across the western world.

I'm not sure how much more of that kind of winning we can all stand...