TM30 for the first time

Hi all, 

Im a newby to doing the TM30 so I wonder could some of you advice please ?

Arriving in Thailand soon and just took out a 1 year rental contract on condo in Pattaya as I hope to have two or 3 extended stays this year from UK. The contract has all my details and copy of passport on it and same for the condo owner.

If I take this to Jomtien immigration along with my passport would this be all the documentation I would need to do the TM30 ? (fyi-Arriving on 30day visa exemption)

Sorry if I seem bit naive but always stayed in hotels/guest houses in the past and they took care of it. I do see from the forum that its the Condo owners responsibility but they will be in China for the next 4 weeks and I wanted to get used to the Jomtien immigration experience for myself for future visits (good or bad 😆

Thanks all for taking the time to read my ramblings and any replies welcomed

2 hours ago, Dennis133 said:

if you do the tm30 yourself bring these documents:
paper copy of passport
paper copy of visa
paper copy of rental contract

paper copy of tm.6 arrival card (we don't get this anymore so skip)

all papers signed

bring passport of course

when you enter the immigration you ask to fill a tm30 application, they will put you in queue and give you the paper (bring a pen)

fill out the paper while you wait for your turn

PLUS
copy landlords ID card signed
copy house book signed
Power of attorney form owner signed

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

PLUS
copy house book signed

Can I assume that the signing is done by the landlord? 

• Like 1

my situation slightly different as staying at home with wife. went to Mukdahan office with wife, girls sat with me showing how to register wife as TM30 host on their PC. Their system gave her username and password based on my email but only did 90% as could not attach files to their PC.

When home logged into the account, loaded a scan of her house book and ID and she fully registered - logged in again, entered my details and I am registered for TM30. Each time I come now no more TM30 hassle, log onto wife's account and report myself for TM30.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Kabuta said:

Arriving in Thailand soon and just took out a 1 year rental contract on condo in Pattaya

It's the host that shall register you on a TM30 within 24 hours. If the host won't do it, above suggested paperwork might be needed for a DIY TM30.

• Like 1

Take a room in the cheapest hotel and get a copy of their screenshot report.

Then go to get paper copy at Immi. Takes 30-45min if you go there 8am.

You need a copy of passport info page AND arrival stamp, both signed by you.

Now you got all papers to get your extension.

And time to think how to report in future.

• Like 1

All, Thankyou so much for your replies it seems pretty straight forward reading what you said, being honest I was a tad nervous about going there but all seems good now

Be there for 8am will all my documents + signed copies + Pen

Do immigration charge a fee for the TM30 ?

11 hours ago, Dennis133 said:

you get 24 hours of normal work days to put in the application, after that they will fine you 200 baht pr day, so do it as soon as possible

I don't think so. I have not read or heard about any case where an immigration official issued a fine of THB 200 per day for the late submission of the TM.30 notification and I doubt that immigration would have the authority to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

It's the host that shall register you on a TM30 within 24 hours. If the host won't do it, above suggested paperwork might be needed for a DIY TM30.

According to section 38 of the Immigration Act, it is the duty of the householder, the owner or the possessor of the place the OP is renting to submit the TM.30

According to section 4 of the same law, the OP is the householder, ie the chief possessor of the place he is renting in the capacity of tenant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kabuta said:

Hi all, 

Im a newby to doing the TM30 so I wonder could some of you advice please ?

Arriving in Thailand soon and just took out a 1 year rental contract on condo in Pattaya as I hope to have two or 3 extended stays this year from UK. The contract has all my details and copy of passport on it and same for the condo owner.

If I take this to Jomtien immigration along with my passport would this be all the documentation I would need to do the TM30 ? (fyi-Arriving on 30day visa exemption)

Sorry if I seem bit naive but always stayed in hotels/guest houses in the past and they took care of it. I do see from the forum that its the Condo owners responsibility but they will be in China for the next 4 weeks and I wanted to get used to the Jomtien immigration experience for myself for future visits (good or bad 😆

Thanks all for taking the time to read my ramblings and any replies welcomed

The owner of the condo should be doing the TM30 not the tenant,the same as hotel owners do.

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The owner of the condo should be doing the TM30 not the tenant,the same as hotel owners do.

See here what the law says:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318382-tm30-for-the-first-time/?do=findComment&comment=18657131

See here what the website of the Immigration Bureau says:

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=2163#

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A Condo is a private residence, not a hotel.

The Immigration Act states it's the responsibility of the housemaster, owner or possessor of the residence.
Section 4 defines a housemaster as any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever.

So that makes you just as responsible as the owner, which is why Immigration can fine the foreigner for non-compliance of filing a TM30.

It's also why you don't have to be a Thai national to register to file a TM30.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Why?

Because it's the law...

"The TM30 law is a section of the Thai Immigration laws that requires the registration of accommodations for foreigners residing on Thai soil, regardless of whether they are on holiday or living there permanently."

(Source link)

50 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Because it's the law...

"The TM30 law is a section of the Thai Immigration laws that requires the registration of accommodations for foreigners residing on Thai soil, regardless of whether they are on holiday or living there permanently."

(Source link)

Why is it the hosts responsibility?
That isn't what the law states.

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

The Immigration Act states it's the responsibility of the housemaster, owner or possessor of the residence.
Section 4 defines a housemaster as any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever.

So that makes you just as responsible as the owner, which is why Immigration can fine the foreigner for non-compliance of filing a TM30.

14 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Why is it the hosts responsibility?
That isn't what the law states.

The host – เจ้าบ้าน / "host" is the term used in the House Book – is the "housemaster" or whoever is "the chief possessor of a house...", which has the duty to report a foreigner staying there. If you are foreigner and also host/housemaster, it's your own duty. I have for example for example to report myself, being registered as host in both my House Book and in the TM30-online system.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

The host – เจ้าบ้าน / "host" is the term used in the House Book – is the "housemaster" or whoever is "the chief possessor of a house...", which has the duty to report a foreigner staying there. If you are foreigner and also host/housemaster, it's your own duty. I have for example for example to report myself, being registered as host in both my House Book and in the TM30-online system.

Blue or Yellow book?

I've never seen the term 'host' used in either Blue or Yellow books before, and I have a lot of officially translated House books.
The first person named in the book often translates to either 'Head of household' or 'Householder'.
Whilst others registered in the book often translates to either 'resident' or 'dweller'.

When I initially rented and not registered or owning a Yellow house book, I registered online using copies of my Passport and the landladies Tabien Baan and ID card as the 'tenant'.
Regardless of even being registered in a House book, the law makes it clear it's the equal responsibility of any person living there in any capacity whatsoever, which includes 'aliens'.

TranslationTB2.Edited..thumb.jpg.5a3828a1d5a52ed8e56432bef4e2b207.jpg

TranslationTB1.Edited..jpg.f995e5ab55116e82c2651b87995763c4.jpg

• Agree 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:57 AM, zzzzz said:

PLUS
copy house book signed

this is based on personal experience. I have done atleast 6 TM.30 applications at jomtien immigration
the list i posted is what I brought and it was enough for them

On 1/30/2024 at 11:02 AM, Maestro said:

I don't think so. I have not read or heard about any case where an immigration official issued a fine of THB 200 per day for the late submission of the TM.30 notification and I doubt that immigration would have the authority to do so.

This also is based on personal experience. One time I was abit over one week late and they gave me a 1600 baht fine for coming late
I asked the IO why i was fined and she said exactly that they charge 200 baht per day late wich adds up to the amount of week days I was late

Edited by Dennis133
miss spell

8 hours ago, Dennis133 said:

This also is based on personal experience. One time I was abit over one week late and they gave me a 1600 baht fine for coming late
I asked the IO why i was fined and she said exactly that they charge 200 baht per day late wich adds up to the amount of week days I was late

I believe the IO was using section 76, whereas it's usually section 77 used regarding a TM30 fine.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht to 10,000 Baht.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:44 PM, khunPer said:

Because it's the law...

(Source link)

Sadly, the website to which you linked has a lot of incomplete and false information.

Preferably, you should quote from the law (Immigration Act), from Ministerial Regulations issued under the authority of the law, and from Police Orders, regulations and guidelines issued by the Immigration Bureau issued under the authority of the law and Ministerial Regulations.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Liquorice said:

...I've never seen the term 'host' used in either Blue or Yellow books before, and I have a lot of officially translated House books.
The first person named in the book often translates to either 'Head of household' or 'Householder'...

That's a good translator, Ms. Somkulawee Pothinam of International Languages and Educational School,

you used. I say this because she translated เจ้าบ้าน as Householder, the same as used in the English translation of the Immigration Act I downloaded from krisdika.co.th, the website of the Office of the Council of State, ie the Cabinet.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I believe the IO was using section 76, whereas it's usually section 77 used regarding a TM30 fine.

It should be noted that Immigration officials have no authority to issue fines under section 77 for violations of section 38. It is section 84 that applies to immigration officials

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Maestro said:

It should be noted that Immigration officials have no authority to issue fines under section 77 for violations of section 38. It is section 84 that applies to immigration officials

Noted and agreed.

However, the average expat wouldn't know that, and certain IO's like to swing the bat and have you believe they are empowered to do as they please.

On 1/30/2024 at 8:43 PM, Liquorice said:

A Condo is a private residence, not a hotel.

Since "householder" is clearly and unambiguously defined in section 4, it is silly to use the terminology "The householder, the owner or the possessor of a dwelling" in Section 38. I should be only "The householder of a dwelling".

If I live in the dwelling, eg condo-unit, myself I am the possessor and therefore the householder.

If I rent out my condo, I am no longer the possessor. The tenant is now the possessor and therefore the householder.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

Sadly, the website to which you linked has a lot of incomplete and false information.

Preferably, you should quote from the law (Immigration Act), from Ministerial Regulations issued under the authority of the law, and from Police Orders, regulations and guidelines issued by the Immigration Bureau issued under the authority of the law and Ministerial Regulations.

But the quote is correct.

On 1/31/2024 at 10:55 AM, Liquorice said:

Blue or Yellow book?

I've never seen the term 'host' used in either Blue or Yellow books before, and I have a lot of officially translated House books.
The first person named in the book often translates to either 'Head of household' or 'Householder'.
Whilst others registered in the book often translates to either 'resident' or 'dweller'.

When I initially rented and not registered or owning a Yellow house book, I registered online using copies of my Passport and the landladies Tabien Baan and ID card as the 'tenant'.
Regardless of even being registered in a House book, the law makes it clear it's the equal responsibility of any person living there in any capacity whatsoever, which includes 'aliens'.

TranslationTB2.Edited..thumb.jpg.5a3828a1d5a52ed8e56432bef4e2b207.jpg

TranslationTB1.Edited..jpg.f995e5ab55116e82c2651b87995763c4.jpg

This is my house book in Thai language, saying "Status: Host (เจ้าบ้าน)"...

image.png.2c5eb6a56ca7f1df850bea449ee5772e.png

image.png.4fc8cccae203f7f8d52a26db10e327dd.png