TM30 for the first time

32 minutes ago, khunPer said:

This is my house book in Thai language, saying "Status: Host (เจ้าบ้าน)"...

image.png.2c5eb6a56ca7f1df850bea449ee5772e.png

image.png.4fc8cccae203f7f8d52a26db10e327dd.png

I didn't doubt your status translated as 'host', only that it's unusual and I've never seen that term used before.

Would I be correct in assuming you have a Condo with a Blue Book which you cannot be named in, and therefore obtained a Yellow book?

In my wife's Blue book, her 2 sons have the status of ผู้อาศัย, pronounced Poo Assai (P̄hū̂ xāṣ̄ạy), which translates as 'resident'.
In my yellow book, my status is exactly the same - resident.

Translation.jpg.2ce5e48bd2a1028c22c247dbde01d873.jpg

There are no national standards in Thailand, and I suspect the terms used can differ as deemed appropriate by the operator inputting the information.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

I didn't doubt your status translated as 'host', only that it's unusual and I've never seen that term used before.

Would I be correct in assuming you have a Condo with a Blue Book which you cannot be named in, and therefore obtained a Yellow book?

In my wife's Blue book, her 2 sons have the status of ผู้อาศัย, pronounced Poo Assai (P̄hū̂ xāṣ̄ạy), which translates as 'resident'.

Translation.jpg.2ce5e48bd2a1028c22c247dbde01d873.jpg

There are no national standards in Thailand, and I suspect the terms used can differ as deemed appropriate by the operator inputting the information.

I own a house and only Thai residents are registered in the Blue House Book, while I was registered as house owner/host at the tessa ban-office. I'm the one to allow others to be registered in my house's House Books. When I shortly after applied for a Yellow House Book for aliens my status was as shown, host...:smile:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

But the quote is correct.

Yes, you quoted correctly an incorrect text from an unofficial website, not a text from a relevant law or a Ministerial Regulation or an official communication from the Immigration Bureau.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Your house registration book does not say "Status: Host (เจ้าบ้าน)".

"Status: Host" is the English translation you have chosen to use, but this English text does not appear in the house registration book.

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

"Status: Host" is the English translation you have chosen to use, but this English text does not appear in the house registration book.

You've misquoted:

That was @khunPer that stated  - This is my house book in Thai language, saying "Status: Host (เจ้าบ้าน)"...

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

I stated;

11 hours ago, Liquorice said:

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Maestro said:

Yes, you quoted correctly an incorrect text from an unofficial website, not a text from a relevant law or a Ministerial Regulation or an official communication from the Immigration Bureau.

The question was: "Why?"

My answer was that it's the law.

The quite was just to find an external source confirming my statement "it's the law" – no details were asked or mentioned by me – and I of course mentioned the source of the quote...:smile:

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Maestro said:

7 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You've misquoted:

That was @khunPer that stated  - This is my house book in Thai language, saying "Status: Host (เจ้าบ้าน)"...

Yes, it's my House Book that says that,  see earlier post and images.

My Thai girlfriend also says that the word means "owner" in English. Alternative translations according to Google can also be householder or master...

image.png.1b7079491012f57484208785440d995e.png

• Confused 1