How To Write?

whitethai

<br />If you're intending teaching English, why not advertise in English?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

They speak Thai no????

I'm after the ones with some basic English

SO please type here.

With those types of people skills, you'll make a great teacher.

I dont know where you are based, but in CM the rate for a private tutor (teaching THAI) is around 150bht an hour. I do not think any Thai person would pay more than this for an English lesson. Also, most would expect a discount if block booking.

I dont know where you are based, but in CM the rate for a private tutor (teaching THAI) is around 150bht an hour. I do not think any Thai person would pay more than this for an English lesson. Also, most would expect a discount if block booking.

I have friends in Chiang Mai who are getting 300 baht/hour.

It depends on where you market yourself. If you advertise in a poor area of Chiang Mai then you might have a hard time getting more than 150 baht/hour. If you market yourself in the private schools then you can find many students who can pay your price.

<<<< One quotes discount when one has a 'block' booking :-)

I'm curious about the 246 baht per hour rate. That's song roi sisip baht, but why such an odd number? Why not 250? In fact, if you're in Bangkok, have a bachelor's degree and experience as a teacher of English and you're a native speaker, why not 500 baht per hour? I know somebody in Chiang Mai who gives private lessons in homes, one student at a time, for 350 baht per hour, and CMai is infamous for low TEFL wages. He only charges so low because the students are not Thai!

whitethai, may I ask if you're both White and Thai?

When I taught English as a second language to Asian immigrants in a Chinese-Vietnamese neighborhood in America in the 1990's, I advertised in English. Not in Chinese or Vietnamese. Even on grocery store bulletin boards. And I charged much more than 246 baht per hour back then, even with no experience.

Let's give whitethai credit though, that if 989 Thais who can't even read "English lessons" see the ad in Thai, they might tell 12 people about it.

whitethai, you posted this in the General Topics Forum, asking for a translation to Thai, and nobody's given you one. I'm transferring this topic to the Thai language Forum.

I'm curious about the 246 baht per hour rate. That's song roi sisip baht, but why such an odd number? Why not 250? In fact, if you're in Bangkok, have a bachelor's degree and experience as a teacher of English and you're a native speaker, why not 500 baht per hour? I know somebody in Chiang Mai who gives private lessons in homes, one student at a time, for 350 baht per hour, and CMai is infamous for low TEFL wages. He only charges so low because the students are not Thai!

whitethai, may I ask if you're both White and Thai?

When I taught English as a second language to Asian immigrants in a Chinese-Vietnamese neighborhood in America in the 1990's, I advertised in English. Not in Chinese or Vietnamese. Even on grocery store bulletin boards. And I charged much more than 246 baht per hour back then, even with no experience.

Let's give whitethai credit though, that if 989 Thais who can't even read "English lessons" see the ad in Thai, they might tell 12 people about it.

whitethai, you posted this in the General Topics Forum, asking for a translation to Thai, and nobody's given you one. I'm transferring this topic to the Thai language Forum.

indeed pb, from property investments, to dating sites and now to english lessons.

its probably lucky for the op my wife no longer studies english, i would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she started to ask him various questions, i can only imagine the op breaking out in a sweat and squirming at the thought of answering the following questions.

how long have you been teaching, what are your qualifications, what did you major in, where were you last teaching, for how long and why did you leave ?

what teaching methods do you employ, what curriculum are you working to, what teaching aids do you use, can you explain the advantages and disadvantages of group lessons as opposed to one on one lessons ?

can you provide me with references from your previous employer and references from previous students ?

thailand offers many opportunities for enterprising young men with the pioneer spirit, i can only wish the op good luck in his endeavours.

<br />I'm curious about the 246 baht per hour rate. That's song roi sisip baht, but why such an odd number? Why not 250? In fact, if you're in Bangkok, have a bachelor's degree and experience as a teacher of English and you're a native speaker, why not 500 baht per hour? I know somebody in Chiang Mai who gives private lessons in homes, one student at a time, for 350 baht per hour, and CMai is infamous for low TEFL wages. He only charges so low because the students are not Thai!<br /><br />whitethai, may I ask if you're both White and Thai?<br /><br />When I taught English as a second language to Asian immigrants in a Chinese-Vietnamese neighborhood in America in the 1990's, I advertised in English. Not in Chinese or Vietnamese. Even on grocery store bulletin boards. And I charged much more than 246 baht per hour back then, even with no experience.<br /><br />Let's give whitethai credit though, that if 989 Thais who can't even read "English lessons" see the ad in Thai, they might tell 12 people about it.<br /><br />whitethai, you posted this in the General Topics Forum, asking for a translation to Thai, and nobody's given you one. I'm transferring this topic to the Thai language Forum.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes I am white but not Thai I am English

First question how much do Thi people usually pay for an English lesson?

And

How do you write in Thai

"English lessons 246 baht per lesson email Michael -------

บทเรียนภาษาอังกฤษ๒๔๖บาทละ ส่งอีเมลให้ไมเคิล ขอบคุณครับ