Thailand driver's license

They claim the same if wanting to get a driving license. My girlfriend renewed her license yesterday without any appointment in under an hour, in CM. Guess it depends who shows up and how one speaks.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Just so you know and understand... the online appointment system for a driver's license is a hoax... the workers at DLT 2 in Chiang Mai do not recognize what it means... just another failure 

Never bothered with the appointment scheme. Just arrive early and prepared. Both dlt offices in cm are a breeze and nothing to complain about.

17 minutes ago, novacova said:

Never bothered with the appointment scheme. Just arrive early and prepared. Both dlt offices in cm are a breeze and nothing to complain about.

Then why have the appointment service online?  To feel like they are doing something... so what I said is true... another failure.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Guess it depends who shows up and how one speaks.

No... it doesn't... it depends on when one shows up and is processed as part of a batch of people... the appointment service is a failure as they do not keep their part of the appointment.

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Was this to obtain your first Thai license or renew an existing one?

Because if you are renewing at CM then there is no need to book an online appointment because there is a separate counter that deals with foreigners.

I did mine (5year) last year and was in and out within one hour 

Earlier in January renewed both car and motorbike licenses in CM for another 5 years. A little over an hour (movie runs 45 minutes).

10 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Just so you know and understand... the online appointment system for a driver's license is a hoax... the workers at DLT 2 in Chiang Mai do not recognize what it means... just another failure 

The title of your post was a hoax also.  You don't understand what words mean. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Then why have the appointment service online?  To feel like they are doing something... so what I said is true... another failure.

There.. you answered your own question... 

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

No... it doesn't... it depends on when one shows up and is processed as part of a batch of people... the appointment service is a failure as they do not keep their part of the appointment.

It was probably a legacy of Covid and no one bothers with it anymore.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wee Jimmy said:

Going back to the UK in March for 6 months.   My license is due for renewal in June.   

Q,  How soon can l renew my license?   I would like to renew before l go.

Renewal from 2 year to 5 year license can be done 60 days in advance.

Renewal from 5 year to 5 year license can be done 90 days in advance.

That's the abstract from here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1292436-how-early-can-you-change-to-a-5-year-license/

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Does anyone know if you can renew an expired 5 year licence and if so how much grace do they give you, that is to say what is the cut off period? 🙏

1yr for straight up renewal, past that theory test needs to be done .

• Thanks 2