Thai Airways sues over passenger’s flight diversion criticism

webfact

On 2/2/2024 at 7:43 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Not even any need for that....    the initial criticism was stupid, everyone knows that, it can just be ignored - not even worthy of comment or response.

Instead, Thai Airways have managed to turn an 'non-issue' into an own goal and managed to secure negative publicity out of thin air...  

... This is known as the Streisand effect...    Where attempting to limit and censor what they see as a negative information back fires and generates greater negativity... 

I seriously hope it will backfire on them! 

any "decent"  company  ( and to be honest Im not sure they even exist anymore) would give you a  Business  class  ticket complete with PR  photoshoot in the cockpit to explain to  them how they were wrong as  "amateur wannabe  p[ilots".....thats the way to do it.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:14 PM, Pouatchee said:

so what about the pilots worldwide that land in near blizzard conditions? those are my 2 cents mr 10bht. book you on my next flight? i wouldnt give you a ride on my bicycle

Crying as I say " I want a bicycle ride "  🥺

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He wasn't jailed for making a negative  review .

He posted numerous fake malicious reviews on various websites attacking the hotel

The hotel asked him to stop with his malicious campaign against the hotel and he refused to stop and the hotel took legal action against him to make him stop posting lies on line about the hotel 

US man avoids jail in Thailand over bad resort review

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-54473407

I understand he still spent 2 days in jail. If he hadn't been jailed at all, he would have spent 0 days in jail. That's the whole point.

6 hours ago, john donson said:

was the passenger verbally or physically abusive or just post a message ?

but there are some more fragile ego's that need to be protected with multiples of 15 years in the slammer

I understand he behaved himself on the flight. He only became enraged afterwards and proceeded to post his complaint (he needed to vent) after the flight.

13 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

any "decent"  company  ( and to be honest Im not sure they even exist anymore) would give you a  Business  class  ticket complete with PR  photoshoot in the cockpit to explain to  them how they were wrong as  "amateur wannabe  p[ilots".....thats the way to do it.

Why would you do that? The man posted lies and slanderous comments saying that Thai skimp on fuel risking safety, the pilots were wrong to divert as he could see out of the windows and no other flights diverted (they did), and that the pilots' command of English was too poor to negotiate more firmly with ATC. It wasn't just a complaint that he was late home, he posted that the airline was risking safety in several ways. But you would reward that with a business class ticket and photos? 

He comments were slanderous. I disagree with Thai's approach and they should have just made him take them down and apologise, but I have no ideas why you think slanderous comments merit a free business class trip. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A weather related diversion occurred that happens daily all around the world. 

The only reason this is news is TG suing a passenger where in any normal jurisdiction a simple tweet on X would suffice, or just ignore.

I would say mods please close the thread but reading you amateurs' Monday morning quarterbacking for 12 pages  is amusing.

I won't bother to respond to the tosh, pish and rubbish contained within other than to say most of you have no understanding of flight operations.

• Agree 1

Image?

And what about all the monies Thai Airways have not paid back to customers relative to pre- covid 19 bookings?

Perhaps a refocusing on paying back customers who never got what they paid for maybe more appropriate than wasting money on suing a customer who is already apologized.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1