Explanation of Tides Hua Hin Beach to Khao Takiab Hill Anyone have insights on tide change?

Dublin01

Hi, 

Can someone elightmen me on changes in Tides etc along Hua Hin beach.  Been coming to Hua Hin for years and regularly walk from around Market Village ALL. the way to Khao Takiab Hill (Buddha Statue) at least once a day.  Depending on tides , could do either early morning, afternoon or early evening . 

Last year coming here the tide is always IN and impossible to do ?

Something changed ?   ..  I'm stumped as I checked tidal times and they don't seem to match where low tides were before .

For example last couple months ,  essentially no beachfront from Market Village to well Khao Takiab,  Beach op[ens a little for last KM to Buddha hill but not for too long

Appreciate any insights ? ... I currently go around the hill to walk Takiab beach on other side but Its not as nice,

Cheers

Edited by Dublin01

1 hour ago, Dublin01 said:

PLEASE IGNORE ...   FOUND ACCURATE SITE FOR TIDES TIMES

Glad you sorted that out.

I once sailed with a skipper who couldn't work out the proper tide tables. Couldn't park a boat for the life of him, either. He was British but lived in some blighted, remote corner of Spain. We sometimes wondered why he chose that location, and we agreed it was probably where he wrecked his last boat.

I'm definitely not a sailor 🙂   so for anyone else interested in 10km strolls on Hua Hin beach ,  I used this site :

https://www.tideschart.com/Thailand/Prachuap-Khiri-Khan/Hua-Hin/

And the beach is fully walkable (central Hua Hin to. Buddha Statue in Takiab) only when tide is at  estimate ~0.5. and below.  ( So today from about 4pm to 7ish)

• Like 1