safest bet for border crossing ??

safest bet for border crossing  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"chiang mai per air"

I hope you pick the first option on the poll. 

I have never read a thread where someone was refused entry at Thai airport and immediately tried another airport. Go for it.

Two hour direct flight 3400b 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 11:39 AM, DrJack54 said:

"chiang mai per air"

I hope you pick the first option on the poll. 

I have never read a thread where someone was refused entry at Thai airport and immediately tried another airport. Go for it.

Two hour direct flight 3400b 

hello Dr...

do you think a week break between would be enough?

can't get a visa here but would have cash,ticket and hotel.. and a smile 😬

maybe you have some more to add?

thx ❤

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, popel said:

maybe you have some more to add?

Well the entry via air at CNX is by FAR the easiest. 3200b direct flight from Da Nang.

However not bullet proof.

Entries via land border bit safer however horrible from Da Nang to Thailand options 

Bit of a worry that you had issue being accepted back to Vietnam. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Well the entry via air at CNX is by FAR the easiest. 3200b direct flight from Da Nang.

However not bullet proof.

Entries via land border bit safer however horrible from Da Nang to Thailand options 

Bit of a worry that you had issue being accepted back to Vietnam. 

thanks for that

was exactly thinking the same

maybe I'm to old for "that" 

will try chiang mai 🤞

all or nothing 

1 minute ago, popel said:

will try chiang mai 🤞

In hindsight when you were refused at DMK you would have been best served pleading with viejet to fly you to Vientiane.

Yes true the airline push to fly you to airport that you departed from. That's standard. 

Also if issue at CNX don't sign anything.

There is an appeal process available. 

Flying visa exempt...you do realize you need onward flight for airline at departure (Da Nang) 

• Thanks 1

Any border is safe when you apply with the right visa for the goal that you want to stay that is in match with the genuine intentions you have.

Never have had any problem to enter Thailand, to leave Thailand or any other country border.

Probably you and the others have forgotten the Visa covers the goals and purpose you want to stay, and you seem to want to stay live here. Apply for the right Visa all worries gone.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Any border is safe when you apply with the right visa for the goal that you want to stay that is in match with the genuine intentions you have.

Never have had any problem to enter Thailand, to leave Thailand or any other country border.

Probably you and the others have forgotten the Visa covers the goals and purpose you want to stay, and you seem to want to stay live here. Apply for the right Visa all worries gone.

Its not always that black and white, especially since the rules in Thailand are not black and white. But in the case of OP, he should have prepared better since he has been here so long and knows the lay of the land. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, raz0r21 said:

Its not always that black and white, especially since the rules in Thailand are not black and white. But in the case of OP, he should have prepared better since he has been here so long and knows the lay of the land. 

I would say he doesn't know the lay of the land as he's been over using his entries and staying long term by playing the system and got caught not even a week ago. Now he's plotting again to try to enter when he has a chance with the 45 days in VN to put some distance in his stamped denial of entry. He has other options but ignores them so he rolls the dice and takes his chances.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I would say he doesn't know the lay of the land as he's been over using his entries and staying long term by playing the system and got caught not even a week ago. Now he's plotting again to try to enter when he has a chance with the 45 days in VN to put some distance in his stamped denial of entry. He has other options but ignores them so he rolls the dice and takes his chances.

In his case he just wants to get his belongings and go back to Europe (as far as I know). So in that situation I think I would roll the dice too. OP I suggest you get a single entry visa from Vietnam and cross through Laos by land or fly in to Chiang Mai. Its gonna be a bit of a mission but the success rate will be higher than just trying with a new exempt entry.

Edited by raz0r21
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, raz0r21 said:

In his case he just wants to get his belongings and go back to Europe (as far as I know). So in that situation I think I would roll the dice too. OP I suggest you get a single entry visa from Vietnam and cross through Laos by land or fly in to Chiang Mai. Its gonna be a bit of a mission but the success rate will be higher than just trying with a new exempt entry.

The smart thing would be wait a week or 2 then get a visa before trying again since he got denied and stamped just days ago. If he gets caught out again VN probably won't let him in again and his problems will compound quickly

• Thanks 1