I sing HAVA NAGILA and throw the bouquet to the new prey :o

Hava nagila, hava nagila

Hava nagila venis'mecha

Repeat

Hava neranena, hava neranena

Hava neranena venis'mecha

Uru, uru achim

Uru achim belev same'ach

Hey Bambi, this sounds facinating although I have not got a clue what you're on about. Maybe we should get pished together some time and rouse a rowdy chorus!

That depends on who I am with and what I am doing:

Rugby at the pub = Jerusalem and Swing Low Sweet Chariot - (its been a while :o )

Company trip = occasionally press ganged into singing a few Loso numbers (Mai Wang, Song san, etc)

My wife and her buddies at Karaoke = anything at all

i think im alone now ....tiffany .......but theres always someone watching :D

:D Oh dear.

Zombie........

the speeded up superfast thai techno beat version, I hope?

I sing HAVA NAGILA and throw the bouquet to the new prey :o

Hava nagila, hava nagila

Hava nagila venis'mecha

Repeat

Hava neranena, hava neranena

Hava neranena venis'mecha

Uru, uru achim

Uru achim belev same'ach

Hey Bambi, this sounds facinating although I have not got a clue what you're on about. Maybe we should get pished together some time and rouse a rowdy chorus!

It's an ancient Hebrew Traditional song, often sung at wedding and other parties when folk get pished. Very traditional in orthodox Jewish Russian circles I believe, as well as some greek and turkish (jewish) circles.

It was made slightly more famous internationally by the movie "Snatch". I knew I 'd seen the name "hava nagila" somewhere and sure enough, I have the SNatch Original Sountrack.

When I'm happy or sad, I often sing either "come up and see me..>" Cockney Rebel or Wish you were Here, in tribute to a long lost and very good friend, Kan Win;

When I'm happy as shit, "Eu Quero Ver Gol" by Brazilian band O Rappa or some Tom Waits, replete with Whisky, beer chaser and cigarettes.

Edited by kayo

I never sing when I'm mad

Pissed meaning drunk not angry! :o

My father was very funny when drunk, he couldn't sing for toffie! However, he'd give a rendition of 'I remember Dublin city in the rare ole times' - ah, classic!

"Hey True Blue" John Williamson, "Boomerang Cafe" same same

lots of chisel songs

was waiting for someone to mention chisel! what about hunters - throw your arms around me? gotta be the classic 'i love you mate .... youre my best mate' song at the end of a night at the pub.

i miss that.

lots of chisel songs

was waiting for someone to mention chisel! what about hunters - throw your arms around me? gotta be the classic 'i love you mate .... youre my best mate' song at the end of a night at the pub.

i miss that.

555 donna, I'm right there with you on the Chisel and Hunters "Throw your Arms" thing. Used to sing that at a certain bar with a friend of mine karaoke style...feel sorry for the punters...always had to have a tequila shot b4 hand.

By the way, do let me know when you're back in Phuket as I'll definitely be up for a drink. Mr Ausladyinpatong and I met you at the The Green Man. I'm sure we can have a sing along at our place in Patong, they don't play Chisel there (yet!?) but I definitely do a lot of singing while drinking a lot of wine, whisky.....and the odd tequila (from the safety of my bar stool)

Cheers,

Alison

lots of chisel songs

i miss that.

I guess you guys are leading up to Cold Chisel's - Khe Sanh.

lots of chisel songs

i miss that.

555 donna, I'm right there with you on the Chisel and Hunters "Throw your Arms" thing. Used to sing that at a certain bar with a friend of mine karaoke style...feel sorry for the punters...always had to have a tequila shot b4 hand.

By the way, do let me know when you're back in Phuket as I'll definitely be up for a drink. Mr Ausladyinpatong and I met you at the The Green Man. I'm sure we can have a sing along at our place in Patong, they don't play Chisel there (yet!?) but I definitely do a lot of singing while drinking a lot of wine, whisky.....and the odd tequila (from the safety of my bar stool)

Cheers,

Alison

oh go on...twist my arm...

i will be back on the 3rd i think for one night only, but will return on around the 12th to start my new job. a get together is called for so i will find a place and see who we can get there.....maybe your place outside, but then i guess the rain may make it a bit dodgy - better to have somewhere people can talk too...not too loud.

another pissed song - black betty. no idea of the words. i guess you gotta be pissed to remember them - or make up suitable replacements.

Agreed with the james blunt reaction. About as likely as catching me singing anything by tiffany or britney...

But.. Wooo-oh black betty.. bam da bum.. whoooo-oh black betty bam du dum...

Agreed with the james blunt reaction. About as likely as catching me singing anything by tiffany or britney...

But.. Wooo-oh black betty.. bam da bum.. whoooo-oh black betty bam du dum...

You must be drunk. It's Woooo black betty, bam ba lam...

• 4 weeks later...
Don't look back in anger - Oasis

Me and my friends sang 'We're Geordie's' to the same tune on La Ramblas in Barcelona. Drunk as skunks and a million miles from being Geordie's. The original song by Babybird is pretty good.

Speaking of Geordie's, I have seen an amateur video of a bunch of Newcastle footie fans at an European championship tournament back in the 90's. One guy sings 'Whip Pattsy Kensit, whip Pattsy Kensit, whip Pattsy Kensit til she bleeds' everytime he is on film (and he is onscreen a lot). Bizarre and fun as hel_l.

My mate sings 'you're gorgeous' by Babybird (?) and he reckons the ladies love it. He also reckons he's ten feet tall and bullet proof though...

You better beware, you better take care

You better watch out if you've got long black hair

He'll come from behind, you go out of your mind

You'd better not go, you'd never know what you'll find

Ah Ahhhhhh......

Blockbuster

Alive by Pearl Jam

Powderfinger by Neil Young

Anything by Ween

When I'm drunk, more often than not I have a guitar in my hands. Therefore, I tend to go through the whole repertoire. After that, we'll be out of liquor, so when I go to get more, someone will hide the guitar...

BFD!

You better beware, you better take care

You better watch out if you've got long black hair

He'll come from behind, you go out of your mind

You'd better not go, you'd never know what you'll find

Ah Ahhhhhh......

Blockbuster

Wow...not heard 'Blockbuster' for years Goshawk