List of countries “near” Thailand you can apply for non imm o multiple based on marriage

I know of course you can get a one year multiple entry in savanakhette, laos with a thai wife and 400k baht in the bank.

Can you do the same in:

Philippines?

indonesia?

Cambodia?

Japan?

Tawain? 
Any country relatively nearby you wish to chime in on?

Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I know of course you can get a one year multiple entry in savanakhette, laos with a thai wife and 400k baht in the bank.

Question back...

Why would you not obtain one in Savannakhet.

Easiest consulate. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311768-multiple-non-o-marriage-visa-in-savannakhet-november-2023-report/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Question back...

Easiest consulate. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311768-multiple-non-o-marriage-visa-in-savannakhet-november-2023-report/

I hope this doesn’t deter the thread. It difficult finding this info and knowing if it’s up to date on the consulate websites.

honestly idk why I need a reason, but maybe I don’t like Laos, I’d rather go somewhere else and take a short vacation plus get the visa. Ie I’d like to go to Philippines but I really don’t wanna go to Laos, just not that interested 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I’d rather go somewhere else and take a short vacation plus get the visa.

I don't know how current this info is, but I've obtained a Thai visa based on marriage about 5-7 years ago in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. I did the same visa run/mini vacation. Nice clean city with decent sites to see and good food. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Can you do the same in:

Philippines?

indonesia?

Cambodia?

Japan?

Tawain? 
Any country relatively nearby you wish to chime in on?

Thanks. 

In my limited and far from empirical experience, the Thai legations in third countries primarily provide visa services for the citizens and bona fide foreign residents of that third country. More than a few will decline to accept an application from an itinerant or tourist and refer them to the Thai legation in their home country. They may be more amenable to issuing a tourist visa for the itinerant or tourist applicant, but not any Non-immigrant type visa.

So, Savanakhet is still an easy one-overnight experience if you chose the right day and time. The Thai Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam was also a frequent "local" Non-O issuer, but they have gone from one-night, walk-in, no proof of funds to two-nights, by-appointment and with proof of funds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The Thai Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam was also a frequent "local" Non-O issuer, but they have gone from one-night, walk-in, no proof of funds to two-nights, by-appointment and with proof of funds.

Not nit picking but the embassy is in the capital Ha Noi, the tiny office in Ho Chi M is a consulate. If you were to book travel to the embassy you will end up in Ha Noi not in lovely Sai Gon probably the friendliest and most efficient I ever dealt with pre Covid.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Question back...

Easiest consulate. 

I have a question regarding the multi non-0 from savannakhet. Do the funds have to be in Thailand or can I show the equivalent to 400k using a bank statement from my home country?

TIA

26 minutes ago, Sam555 said:

Do the funds have to be in Thailand or can I show the equivalent to 400k using a bank statement from my home country?

Does not need to be in Thai bank..

Can use a statement from your bank. 

13 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Why don't you do it at immigration office here in Thailand?

The OP is wanting a multiple entry Non O based on marriage.

That is a visa valid for 12 months and each entry grants a 90 day stay.

That visa is NOT available at Thailand immigration.

Needs to be applied for at a Thai consulate or embassy.

The single entry non O can be obtained in Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Not nit picking but the embassy is in the capital Ha Noi, the tiny office in Ho Chi M is a consulate. If you were to book travel to the embassy you will end up in Ha Noi not in lovely Sai Gon probably the friendliest and most efficient I ever dealt with pre Covid.

I suspect many will misread your post.

I did one in HCMC just before covid and also found them very efficient, had a very nice 5 days there. Having a visit to Hanoi in a couple of weeks so will see the difference first hand, main destinations are Sapa and Halong.

• Like 1

Colombo, Sri Lanka.
But takes 4 days, so you can take a trip for 3 days somewhere
go see Tea Plantations etc
then pick up passport and then can take a trip down south to the beaches if you want to stay longer
they do now also have an airport down south, so possibly will not need to travel back to Colombo for return flight
not been for many years, so cannot comment on current flights, or visa services
but previous visits was told "for you (foreigner) can do any visa" for a fee of course.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

In my limited and far from empirical experience, the Thai legations in third countries primarily provide visa services for the citizens and bona fide foreign residents of that third country. More than a few will decline to accept an application from an itinerant or tourist and refer them to the Thai legation in their home country. They may be more amenable to issuing a tourist visa for the itinerant or tourist applicant, but not any Non-immigrant type visa.

So, Savanakhet is still an easy one-overnight experience if you chose the right day and time. The Thai Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam was also a frequent "local" Non-O issuer, but they have gone from one-night, walk-in, no proof of funds to two-nights, by-appointment and with proof of funds.

That’s good to know. The nice part is even if I failed I could still get back to Thailand and get 30 days and go to Laos. 

I've used the Embassy in Jakarta for marriage non-O multi pre Covid, just looking at their website that's still seems to be the case with the addition of proof of 400k. The consulates in Medan, Surabaya and Denpasar Bali do issue tourist visas, but not sure they do non-Os as well. Might be worth seeing if you get a response to an email.

http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/about-us/royal-thai-honorary-consulates-in-indonesia/

Some nationalities can only apply if the hold a KITAS (residence permit) for Indonesia, but it didn't apply to most European countries, you'd need to check that's still the case.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gday

Why would I do a non-o multiple entry at savannakhet when having 400 k in a Thai bank acc. does not make sense to me. 12 months extension of stay plus multiple re-entry is cheaper and more efficient.

Wbr

Roobaa01

2 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Gday

Why would I do a non-o multiple entry at savannakhet when having 400 k in a Thai bank acc. does not make sense to me. 12 months extension of stay plus multiple re-entry is cheaper and more efficient.

Wbr

Roobaa01

Depends on your circumstances.

When I was working contracts in Indonesia a multi-Non-O was better, as working two on two off, I couldn't afford the time out for the under consideration period. The cost of the visa is roughly the same as an extension plus a multi re-entry permit. Now that I'm semi-retired I find the 1 year marriage extension suites me better.

When I checked this recently I found Jakarta, HCM and Savannakhet for 1 year Multi O.

HCM has the benefit of a booked appointment - so no need to queue.

The extra day processing is not a problem because HCM is a great place.

But I am sure I read they need to see proof of flight out of Thailand within the first 90 days (of the 1 year non-o based on marriage). Its a waste even to buy a throw away 1200 baht ticket. "Reservations" may get you past airport check in counter screening, but a consulate might not fall for that trick.

But if HCM has the same rules as Savannakhet, then I would choose HCM next time

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, kevthailand said:

But if HCM has the same rules as Savannakhet, then I would choose HCM next time

Second that and added bonus is Thai consulate Saigon very close to Bui Vien walking street.

Anyone looking for very detailed OP of Savannakhet check this 

Thread...