Best lunch buffet in CM?

1FinickyOne

21 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Beat me to it was there last week still an awesome selection.

i doubt you could get much for 230 baht,  what was on offer,  any cold cuts or chicken   ?   salads ?

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

where have you been? what did you enjoy?

Thai or Western? I never been to a Western buffet here. Most of the mukata joints are closed for lunch. When considering a large selection buffet-ish lunch usually go to the local kad and pick up two or three items. My preference is kad thannin, lots of good stuff there.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Au Der auf is pretty good for 230bht. But I usually end up with a plate of boiled ham and crusty bread rolls.

We considered going here before but she gravitates towards rimnatee or riverside for dinner. Maybe we’ll give it a shot next time she has a hankering for Western food.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I lived in CM for about 7 years and never went here.  What a spread, very good value at 230 bt. 

Looks very delicious and so tempting to over indulge.  Maybe my next weekend getaway will be back to CM. 

• Thumbs Up 1

not sure how Herman Aufder can do that for 230 baht though,  the chocolate cake slices alone are around 39bht at the markets,  so a couple of those and some fresh bread, potato salad and a couple of hot dishes would be well over 230 baht outside.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Au Der auf is pretty good for 230bht. But I usually end up with a plate of boiled ham and crusty bread rolls.

Auf der Au (on the river).

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

i doubt you could get much for 230 baht,  what was on offer,  any cold cuts or chicken   ?   salads ?

Yes. Hot dishes ... fish, chicken, pork, sausages. Cold cuts, salads. Desserts including cakes, ice cream. I especially like the Deviled Eggs" ...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wrwest said:

Yes. Hot dishes ... fish, chicken, pork, sausages. Cold cuts, salads. Desserts including cakes, ice cream. I especially like the Deviled Eggs" ...

yes,  but Aufder cannot be making anything from the 230 baht,  he's losing money because there is no way you can make it with farang at a buffet, I've seen them before and they will pile the plate with food 3 times and then go for desert.  Aufder Herman is losing money as 230 baht is too cheap   !

• Haha 1

the GrandView, just up the 'highway' from Maya on the other side of the highway. not the insane selection that Au Der auf offers, but clean, close to town and reasonable. i cannot recall the price, but very reasonable and much cleaner than Au Der auf. The Dukes has one, once or so a month directed at the retirees (sometimes referred to as 'old farts')

Edited by jij
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wrwest said:

aha .... but Aufder cannot do all that for 230 baht,  he will be losing money, because many folks go and pile the food on 3 plates and then go back for more.

I've seen farang at buffets and it's not a pretty site to be honest ...  it's like the food will be taken away in 30 seconds. haha

• Confused 1

Aufder herman cannot have a buffet for 230 baht with hot dishes and the cake and bread and salad....  he will be losing money because farangs at buffets fill the plate up high and it's almost spilling over the edges.

The 230 baht is way to cheap for this buffet. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Aufder herman cannot have a buffet for 230 baht with hot dishes and the cake and bread and salad....  he will be losing money because farangs at buffets fill the plate up high and it's almost spilling over the edges.

The 230 baht is way to cheap for this buffet. 

I can confirm that's the price and the pictures are of the place. I personally find the food too heavy but it is good quality and the range extensive. Weekend prices are higher as I recall, a lot of Thai people eat there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1