Leeds Fans Lay Flowers At Statue

funfun

Leeds fans lay flowers at statue

Fans left shirts, scarves and flowers at the Billy Bremner statue

Fans of beleaguered Leeds United have been protesting at Elland Road on Saturday about the League One club's troubled status.

Flowers, scarves and shirts were placed around the statue of Leeds legend, former captain Billy Bremner.

The side's players have not been paid for six weeks and the club still needs their golden share to play in League One next season.

The team are in the Czech Republic for a pre-season match at the weekend.

:o

surly can only get better now!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yo...ire/6910104.stm

its grim oop north !

What's the next calamity? earthquake? suicide attack, bird flu outbreak? It seems the gods have turned their backs on the club and it is time for a sacrificial burning of the ground with the Leeds fans making a circle holding hands, beseeching the powers on high to lead them to the promised land or at least a vacant piece of waste land where the club can start again from scratch. :o

its grim oop north !

What's the next calamity? earthquake? suicide attack, bird flu outbreak? It seems the gods have turned their backs on the club and it is time for a sacrificial burning of the ground with the Leeds fans making a circle holding hands, beseeching the powers on high to lead them to the promised land or at least a vacant piece of waste land where the club can start again from scratch. :D

so your not a leeds fan, or in fact a football suporter then!

I mean, just look at what you wrote, where on earth did all that garbage come from, i bet your loved so much by your family!

and if you care to reply try and mention somthing about football eh!

Sorry Jockstar........that really was the last time!

I don't know some people, especially the whippet fanciers amongst us can't take a gentle bit of piss taking. :o As for the moron jibe how about a duel, a game of chess or snakes and ladders to settle the matter. :D Cheer up you numpties. You have to laugh at the modern game with it's dodgy agents, dodgy chairmen and court cases. As for Leeds maybe it's a good thing if you do start from scratch and get a club that is actually owned by the supporters like many in other parts of the world. Good Luck and don't take it so seriously :D .

I don't know some people, especially the whippet fanciers amongst us can't take a gentle bit of piss taking. :D As for the moron jibe how about a duel, a game of chess or snakes and ladders to settle the matter. :D Cheer up you numpties. You have to laugh at the modern game with it's dodgy agents, dodgy chairmen and court cases. As for Leeds maybe it's a good thing if you do start from scratch and get a club that is actually owned by the supporters like many in other parts of the world. Good Luck and don't take it so seriously :D .

"get a club that is actually owned by the supporters like many in other parts of the world"

ok, you say many, name me 10?

I don't know some people, especially the whippet fanciers amongst us can't take a gentle bit of piss taking. :D As for the moron jibe how about a duel, a game of chess or snakes and ladders to settle the matter. :D Cheer up you numpties. You have to laugh at the modern game with it's dodgy agents, dodgy chairmen and court cases. As for Leeds maybe it's a good thing if you do start from scratch and get a club that is actually owned by the supporters like many in other parts of the world. Good Luck and don't take it so seriously :bah: .

"get a club that is actually owned by the supporters like many in other parts of the world"

ok, you say many, name me 10?

How about Boca Juniors, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Osasuna, Athletic Bilbao Boca Juniors Hamburg, Schalke out of six in Germany (source the Guardian) There is also Scarborough Atheletic and AFC Wimbledon here in England as well as FCUM in Manchester. There must be many more either owned or partly owned by their members but I've got better things to do than trawl through the internet looking for them. :D The point is that this is an established thing but maybe not for Leeds folk as they are not so good at sums and balancing the books. :D

Keddy is only taking the piss.

He is very capable of posting welll thoght out posts as well.

I feel sorry for LUFC...but I cerainly won't loose any sleep over ttheir current predicament......but thats football 4 U.

Nobody is gonna expect any sympathy if their teams get relegated...again thats Football,

U gotta love it though LOL

Keddy is only taking the piss.

He is very capable of posting welll thoght out posts as well.

I feel sorry for LUFC...but I cerainly won't loose any sleep over ttheir current predicament......but thats football 4 U.

Nobody is gonna expect any sympathy if their teams get relegated...again thats Football,

U gotta love it though LOL

Yes, as a football supporter you have to expect this stuff from time to time :D as long as it doesn't get too far below the belt :o I'm happy to have a 'frank exchange of views' You should visit West Ham online to experience heavy-duty piss taking and that's just between the WHU fans :D . If I were a Leeds U fan I would feel that this is an end of an era and a chance to jettison the past, including Master Bates, start afresh. The city is big enough to probably support two clubs so they could easily garner support for one. :D

Who do Leeds fans lay the blame with ??? , Risdale , O'leary , Bates , the players ????. I'm sure the list goes on :o :

Auditors outline future for Leeds _42993377_leeds_bates203.jpg Leeds United's creditors have been told by auditors KPMG they could get as much as 53p in the pound if the club return to the top flight within a decade.

The League One club are back under the control of chairman Ken Bates after KPMG sold it for an undisclosed sum.

According to KPMG, in the immediate future Bates' offer of 11.2p in the pound is the best deal on the table.

The key to his successful buy-back bid was the decision by creditor Astor not to deal with anyone other than Bates.

All Leeds' creditors received a detailed letter from KPMG on Friday.

The letter provides creditors with a detailed breakdown of the four offers that were made for Leeds.

Astor hold over 25% of the creditor claims and its decision to waive over £17.5m worth of debts for Bates but not for other interested bidders made the Leeds chairman's offer the most attractive one.

At the beginning of July, KPMG put Leeds up for sale because of a legal challenge from HM Revenue and Customs.

o.gif

HMRC had mounted a legal bid to block Bates' earlier attempt to buy back Leeds and give its creditors only eight pence in every £1.

The board of the Football League, who met on Friday to discuss the situation, is concerned at the circumstances of administrators KPMG's decision to sell to Bates.

It has yet to rubber-stamp the deal, with the club's share in the organisation remaining suspended.

Each member club has a share in the Football League but the League has withheld the transfer of the Elland Road outfit's share to Bates.

However, the League board, who had discussions on Friday, now wants to meet with Leeds.

A League statement said: "At the meeting, the board were informed by their legal representatives that the club's administrator, KPMG, had delivered on Wednesday the final documentation requested by the League.

"The board therefore convened at the earliest opportunity. "The board considered all the information submitted and authorised the chairman to invite senior representatives of Leeds United 2007 Ltd and KPMG to a meeting next week with a view to seeking to make progress." The new Football League season starts on 11 August