Biden the Challenges of an Aging President

Social Media

image.png

Navigating the presidency at an advanced age poses unprecedented challenges, and President Biden finds himself in uncharted waters. As the oldest person ever to serve as president and the oldest to seek re-election, he faces mounting doubts from both supporters and detractors about his ability to lead for another five years.

The release of Robert K. Hur's report, characterizing the president as a "well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory," has only exacerbated concerns about his cognitive sharpness and temperament. Despite Mr. Biden's efforts to assure the public of his capabilities during a recent news conference, his emotional and snappish responses have raised further questions about his fitness for office.

In the face of these doubts, Mr. Biden must take proactive steps to rebuild trust with the American people. Merely dismissing the report as partisan is insufficient; he must demonstrate his competence through genuine, unscripted interactions with voters and the press. This includes engaging in more town hall meetings, holding regular news conferences, and granting interviews to address concerns head-on.

However, Mr. Biden's limited public engagement, coupled with his administration's preference for online outreach over traditional encounters, has contributed to a perception of avoidance. This approach has eroded public confidence and provided fodder for political opponents to exploit.

Despite these challenges, Mr. Biden's presidency has seen moments of wisdom and stability, particularly in navigating economic challenges and supporting allies. Yet, he must redouble his efforts to convince the public that he is fully capable of leading the nation until the age of 86. In this pivotal moment, voters are counting on him to provide a compelling alternative to the dangers posed by his predecessor.

Source

image.png

Will he debate Trump? Is it something that is par for the course in U.S elections ? If he chooses not to it WILL look bad....Then again, if he does, it probably wont look much better.... Are they willing to let him face off in front of millions against Trump? Whatever you think of Trump, I think he could make Biden look pretty weak and flustered.  It would be comedy gold though....you cant deny that!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Will he debate Trump? Is it something that is par for the course in U.S elections ? If he chooses not to it WILL look bad....Then again, if he does, it probably wont look much better.... Are they willing to let him face off in front of millions against Trump? Whatever you think of Trump, I think he could make Biden look pretty weak and flustered.  It would be comedy gold though....you cant deny that!

He can normally form coherent sentences for an hour or so when he's juiced up so he might well debate. 

The trouble for Biden is that Trump is far more charismatic and quick witted. So even if they wind him up and wheel him on stage he won't do well. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

The trouble for Biden is that Trump is far more charismatic and quick witted. So even if they wind him up and wheel him on stage he won't do well. 

I'd pay cash money for a ticket to see him debate Vivek.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

He can normally form coherent sentences for an hour or so when he's juiced up so he might well debate. 

Agreed but, is it a necessity for a sitting president to debate his competitors in the year of the election? I dont know how this works. You would think its a good idea.....if not compulsary. However, in this case...if I were Bidens team I wouldnt trust him to be able to handle it. 

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'd pay cash money for a ticket to see him debate Vivek.

That would be a massacre of such biblical proportions....I dont think I could even bear to watch it!.....A great start would be Biden finding his way to the podium...after that.....lets hope the earpiece he is wearing has a good wireless connection! 

Bla bla bla meanwhile outstanding stockmarket outstanding unemployment #s inflation coming down strong economy meaningful legislation standing with allies yup he’s old yup we would prefer a younger pres.but TEAM Biden is doing a decent job especially when compared to the trump abomination 

• Thanks 1