Frozen bank account

Since yesterday I can no longer transfer or take money from my bank. I'm almost sure that the account was frozen, also because I found myself under 5000 thb which is the amount I owe to a person.

How does it work now? If I go to the bank tomorrow and pay the 5000 THB, will my account be reactivated? A police report is probably involved, as the account has been frozen. Once my debt is repaid, will the police be notified and will the problem end like this? Thank you

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The police would normally not get involved in the situation you elude to.

Banks don't / can't freeze accounts because of a request from some third party.

Call the bank call centre,they all have many English speaking staff and they don't bite. Get the facts.

Thank you scorecard, but I am pretty sure a police report was done. The sum I own the person is the right amount I find I was down in my bank account. I made a mistake not repay the guy in time: so is my fault. But I no want face worst consequences. I would like to know if I pay 5000 THB tomorrow the issue is done or have to face worst problems.

Language is not a problem. I speak Thai fluently. Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Yuri52 said:

Since yesterday I can no longer transfer or take money from my bank. I'm almost sure that the account was frozen, also because I found myself under 5000 thb which is the amount I owe to a person.

How does it work now? If I go to the bank tomorrow and pay the 5000 THB, will my account be reactivated? A police report is probably involved, as the account has been frozen. Once my debt is repaid, will the police be notified and will the problem end like this? Thank you

So you tried to transfer 5k to someone, but did not have 5k in your account?

My bank would simply say there is not enough money in the account to complete the transfer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So you tried to transfer 5k to someone, but did not have 5k in your account?

My bank would simply say there is not enough money in the account to complete the transfer.

No. I must repay someone with 5000 THB and I did not yet. So when I go on my bank app I saw k was -5000, the sum that I own him and I cannot transfer or take money out from my account.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Yuri52 said:

No. I must repay someone with 5000 THB and I did not yet. So when I go on my bank app I saw k was -5000, the sum that I own him and I cannot transfer or take money out from my account.

If you owe someone 5,000 baht, that is between you and that party, nothing to do with the bank.

I can't see how the 5,000 baht was deducted unless your transaction went through by you entering the details etc.

You need to call your bank straight away, don't mention to them that you owed someone money unless they ask, all you have to do is ask them why your account is frozen and they will tell you.

Could it be that you attempted to make a transaction a few times but put in the wrong password, because that will lock you out of your account aster so many attempts.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

The police would normally not get involved in the situation you elude to.

Banks don't / can't freeze accounts because of a request from some third party.

Call the bank call centre,they all have many English speaking staff and they don't bite. Get the facts.

The OP's bank has not paid the debtor from his account, because there wasn't enough money in it.

Unless you have an agreed overdraft facility, this would happen with any bank anywhere.

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The OP's bank has not paid the debtor from his account, because there wasn't enough money in it.

Unless you have an agreed overdraft facility, this would happen with any bank anywhere.

OIC.

3 hours ago, Yuri52 said:

1.  Is your account frozen?  Can you log in online?  Can you transfer small amounts (5 baht) between your own accounts?

2.  Go to your bank branch.  Find out if (and then why) your account was frozen.  Unfreeze it.  Get the details of the alleged 5000 baht deduction.

3.  You have the bank details of the person you owe.  They can not pull from your account, and you seem to be worried about a transfer.  So don't transfer directly.  Walk into a branch of their bank and deposit into their account.  No need to link your account for a 'lectronic transfer.  Then you'll have a paper deposit slip to photograph and email as proof of payment.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

-5000 - so you somehow became overdrawn - that's a negative balance right?

Yesterday morning I was + and can use my account. Yesterday evening I was - and unable to use it.

Edited by Yuri52

3 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

1.  Is your account frozen?  Can you log in online?  Can you transfer small amounts (5 baht) between your own accounts?

2.  Go to your bank branch.  Find out if (and then why) your account was frozen.  Unfreeze it.  Get the details of the alleged 5000 baht deduction.

3.  You have the bank details of the person you owe.  They can not pull from your account, and you seem to be worried about a transfer.  So don't transfer directly.  Walk into a branch of their bank and deposit into their account.  No need to link your account for a 'lectronic transfer.  Then you'll have a paper deposit slip to photograph and email as proof of payment.

1) Can log but cannot use it. 

2) I will

3) I not worry to transfer. I cannot do it.