When should I pre-apply for a visa?

Looking for feedback about using visa exempt entries vs pre-applying for a visa.

Last few years' patterns of coming to Thailand:

Dec 19 30 days

Feb-April 22 45 days, Thailand pass/Covid thing

Jan 23-March 23 45 days (1 extension)

Nov 23-Jan 24 60 days (1 extension)

Planning 60 days in Nov 24, but I may also stay 30-60 in late February...

All of these entries are visa-exempt, by air (UK passport).

I'd like to avoid pre-applying for a visa as it's a bit of a hassle where I live, but at what point do the number of visa exempt entries start to look dodgy?

43 minutes ago, dpinger said:

I'd like to avoid pre-applying for a visa as it's a bit of a hassle where I live, but at what point do the number of visa exempt entries start to look dodgy?

How long is a piece of string.

The amount on time you plan for being in Thailand for 2014 is not an issue using visa exempt entries. 

Don't follow the "visa bit of hassle where I live" eVisa? 

I doubt you will have any problem.  I've been in Thailand about 3x as many days as you have during the last couple of years, and I was here one full year during covid.  I have yet to have any problem entering visa exempt.  Although I do always wait a few months before entering by air.

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How long is a piece of string.

The amount on time you plan for being in Thailand for 2014 is not an issue using visa exempt entries. 

Don't follow the "visa bit of hassle where I live" eVisa? 

Have you tried the Thai Embassy in London? I found it a nightmare applying online. Gave up and entered Visa Exempt. Then with a local agency obtained a retirement one year visa.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:43 PM, Phillip9 said:

I doubt you will have any problem.  I've been in Thailand about 3x as many days as you have during the last couple of years, and I was here one full year during covid.  I have yet to have any problem entering visa exempt.  Although I do always wait a few months before entering by air.

Right, normally I wouldn't worry as I basically left Jan 3rd and was planning to come back in November for another 60 days. But now for various reasons may head back late Feb for 30-45 days. Always by air.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:55 PM, fgmr said:

Have you tried the Thai Embassy in London? I found it a nightmare applying online. Gave up and entered Visa Exempt. Then with a local agency obtained a retirement one year visa.

Seems like slight overkill in my case, e.g. it's not likely to be more than 3-4 months in a year. Applying online doesn't seem to be an option. London is ridiculously inconvenient.