Most Thais plan online Valentine’s Day shopping, reveals Visa survey

webfact

image.jpeg

Almost four out of five people in Thailand are planning to buy Valentine’s Day gifts online, a recent survey by YouGov for payments company Visa reveals. The study aimed to assess Thai consumers’ spending habits in the run-up to the romantic holiday, along with the factors influencing their decisions, and the most effective ways to win their partners’ hearts.

The survey presented an interesting challenge: understanding what your partner truly wants. The majority (59%) of participants admitted to telling their partners directly what they desire. Interestingly, 27% of respondents utilise artificial intelligence to express their wishes, often through their partner’s smartphone. Another 22% prefer a subtler approach, dropping hints in the hope their partners will take the hint, reported Bangkok Post.

A significant 57% of the respondents plan to purchase their Valentine’s Day gifts from online retailers and e-commerce platforms. Meanwhile, 20% are opting for social commerce shops on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Line.

by Alex Morgan

Photo courtesy of Varuth Hirunyatheb

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

I see the local gold shops are doing a roaring trade with a few falangs being dragged along to show their love in baht weight. 

I suppose refrigerators and saucepans arent the go anymore.... 

Well at least they were a bit more practical! 

• Haha 1

My Dad brought my Mum a Clothes Mangle one time for her birthday. 

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I see the local gold shops are doing a roaring trade with a few falangs being dragged along to show their love in baht weight. 

I suppose refrigerators and saucepans arent the go anymore.... 

Well at least they were a bit more practical! 

• Haha 1