Coming to the end of Multiple Non O Marriage

Hi guys,

I just wanted to check that the system hadnt changed. My current 90 days in country finishes on 11 march and my one year finishes on 19th. So as i understand it i can leave on 11 and come back in before 19 for another 90 days. Is that correct? Also,, can you still get a 90 extension in country at the end of that 90 Days. 

I would appreciate any help. 

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Yes, you can get one more 90 day entry.  The "visit wife" extension on that will be 60 days, not 90, provided you didn't already have one on that visa.

You can apply for a 60-day extension on each 90 day entry, not one per visa.

@kjdude, I assume you are aware that for further 1 year multiple entry visas from Savannahket, they now require proof of 400K THB in a Thai bank account.

13 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

I assume you are aware that for further 1 year multiple entry visas from Savannahket, they now require proof of 400K THB in a Thai bank account

Indeed.

Seems option for extension based on marriage within Thailand is perhaps good option.

Yes funds in account for two months for 12 months extension however for some the extension might be now a better option. 

Does the 400k have to be Thai bank account? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

Seems option for extension based on marriage within Thailand is perhaps good option.

Yes funds in account for two months for 12 months extension however for some the extension might be now a better option. 

The only other option is the 90-day Non O single entry (no proof of funds as yet required) + 60 day extension, repeat, repeat.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you have the correct answer in first reply.

Be aware that when you have the next 90 days you could apply for a 12 month extension based on marriage.

Obviously requires you to season funds 

I did that after circumstances led to me letting a one-year extension expire, and I had to begin again as if I had never had one-year extensions before. I'd had several and had been married for over 30 years and at the same address for more than 10. No matter - interview, house visit as if it was a first application. I can only guess they don't keep any record, which is why they treated me as a newbie and also why they need the same info year after year after year after year.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I did that after circumstances led to me letting a one-year extension expire, and I had to begin again as if I had never had one-year extensions before. I'd had several and had been married for over 30 years and at the same address for more than 10. No matter - interview, house visit as if it was a first application. I can only guess they don't keep any record, which is why they treated me as a newbie and also why they need the same info year after year after year after year.

This journey was a hell for me. First Savannakhet, then applying for extension and receiving the under consideration stamp, then immigration came to my house, then I am going to visit them to get the extension, them going to report for 90 days.

Is it more simple when applying for one-year extension next year?

45 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

No.

Doing annual extensions ongoing be it based on marriage or retirement suits many folks fine.

Same requirements each year.

Some married guys opt to do extensions based on retirement (over 50) as the paperwork is less and no under consideration period and no home visit. 

The financials for marriage are a breeze compared to retirement 

The multi entry Non O that many obtain in Savannakhet does require exits from Thailand. 

Again for some it's zero issue for others a chore. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, WebGuy said:

Probably, as it is unlikely you'll get another home visit. Other than that, the forms and requirements will be the same. You have to provide the same info year after year after year, even if nothing has changed. In the real world you register changes, in Thailand you register that nothing has changed.

But nothing is certain with immigration. We've just had reports that some offices - only some of course, as each office does things their own way instead of by the rule book - being fussy about using a new version of the application form which has a couple of extra lines of dots. That form, it has been said on here, isn't available on their website, only the one they won't accept. TIT. Maybe they'll update their website in a year or two.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Thanks. I had to take my wife and a witness when I went to apply for extension. They sent me to make additional copies 6 times. Hopefully, no witness and wife required next year. 

I have one more question. If they grant me one year extension, will I get one year starting from the day I get the extension or from the date of applied for extension or from the time my visa was granted in Savannakhet?