Monitor lizard’s big bedroom splash surprises couple in Thailand

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They eventually managed to grab the lizard by the tail and pull it out before releasing it back into the wild near the canal

A good set of a hat, jacket, belt wallet and boots gone to waste.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prasitthichok recounted the unnerving moment when he knocked on their door to have his girlfriend open it,

great journalism... not... so if I get this right, the BF is standing outside with the monitor lizard and he knocked on the door so the GF would get out so th Monitor could make use of the toilet, right?

how nice of them... letting strangers have a poop in your personal bathroom

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

It's their tail you have to avoid, they use it like a bullwhip.

Yes, surprisingly powerful also. I once had to remove a (baby) monitor from my house. I put on a pair of rigger's gloves to pick it up, and got a nice thrash across my forearm that was a bit startling. A big bar-steward like the OP would do a bit of damage I imagine.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Yes, surprisingly powerful also. I once had to remove a (baby) monitor from my house. I put on a pair of rigger's gloves to pick it up, and got a nice thrash across my forearm that was a bit startling. A big bar-steward like the OP would do a bit of damage I imagine.

The first time I witnessed this was a fairly small one, surrounded by about 5 yapping puppies, it slowly walked away cracking its tail at them, I could literally hear the crack, one puppy yelped and the rest backed off but still kept yapping till it was gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 5:32 PM, simon43 said:

Very much so if you're from Isaan!

I'd like to send one there

We have one over the wall in our 'jungle' area, about 1.2m / 4ft. Knew we had a visitor - heard splashes in the pond - it's quite bold and doesn't scare easy (well, not as easy as I scare).

Just as long as it stays over there and doesn't decide to take up residence in the garage.