Bph Beach Umbrella Scam.

rambler

I dont know the politics behind city halls decision to allow the great Bangkok Pattaya Hospital to splatter the entire lenght of Pattaya beach with umbrellas but it boils down to nothing less than the biggest advertising scam ive ever seen.Forget the 5 mil cost proudly proclaimed by BPH marketing dept that equates to nothing for an all year round prime location 4 + kilos long ad thats all it is.I am anti BPH for various reasons but their statement that it gives the beach a more uniform and clean appearance is total c***,why did they not supply a nice plain coloured brolley surely less expensive given printing costs so come on City Hall wake up,smell the bacon ,uve just been turned over.Of course there might be a perfectly good explanation .....any ideas?

If this thread turns into another Bangkok Pattaya Hospital bashing thread then it will be closed.

The topic is about the umbrellas on the beach please stick to the topic.

I did not start this thread to have a go at BPH (even that i dislike this establishment intensly)more so to get info for a friends.I have lived here long enough to understand that private companies often donate items in this manner.The reason i posted isthat a couple of my mates have a lenghty stretch of jomtien beach and they were recently offered free umbrellas by a local company more than enough for them and others around them,when approaching city hall they were told under no circumstances would they allow this sort of "advertising" so wots the rules ere then ????

The umbrellas look tacky,if they had kept the advertising to a small area of the brolly it would have been better,sitting under one of them being costantly reminded of a hospital is not nice for a holiday feeling,but this Pattaya after all....

The umbrellas look tacky,if they had kept the advertising to a small area of the brolly it would have been better,sitting under one of them being costantly reminded of a hospital is not nice for a holiday feeling,but this Pattaya after all....

I don't like Coca Cola, because of the taste and the gaz.......but sitting under a Coca Cola umbrella doesn't remind me of the filthy sweet taste of the product: it keeps the sun away and that's where an umbrella is for isn't it?

If I have to bother all the commercial expressions that I don't like, ...............................................!!

Edited by idle44mins

I don't like Coca Cola, because of the taste and the gaz.......but sitting under a Coca Cola umbrella doesn't remind me of the filthy sweet taste of the product: it keeps the sun away and that's where an umbrella is for isn't it?

If I have to bother all the commercial expressions that I don't like, ...............................................!!

Actually this is why these companies buy these umbrellas of course if you are sat under a coca cola umbrella you will be reminded of the sweet ghastly stuff that is the whole idea, it is the power of suggestion and it works!

I also agree with puuchai299 whole heartedly they do look tacky and who wants to be reminded of the hospital while sitting enjoying yourself on the beach? I think it is a really bad idea and I am surprised that the local council have allowed it but of course it all boils down to money and clout at the end of the day, and as we all no BHP has an awful lot of that in Pattaya (as you can see here, don't mention the war, I mean BHP).

Why on earth would anyone sit on Pattaya Beach? Under a BPH umbrella, a Coca-Cola Umbrella or any other - advertisement or plain?

Jomtien Beach - yes - especially at the Southern end. And beaches beyond that. But Pattaya Beach - small, full of touts, the sea full of noisy smelly engined craft. Nothing to attract anyone for long enough to sit down.