Thailand's Luk Kreungs

halfkid

only very few leuk krung can make it to TV, only the ones with talent compare with the number of leuk krung in thailand...

Rubbish, seems to me most people on TV in Thailand are there for looks not talent.

only very few leuk krung can make it to TV, only the ones with talent compare with the number of leuk krung in thailand...

Rubbish, seems to me most people on TV in Thailand are there for looks not talent.

Couldn't agree more!

What about Sorayut, the guy who does the football, Mum the comedian, Andrew Biggs?

You have to look at it from a pan-Asian context. Most advertising agencies are not confined to addressing the local market only, rather are international companies.

As Singaporeans tend to look slightly dis-similar to, say, Thais or Vietnamese to Malays or Indonesians the answer is a look that transcends nationalities:

Presto, Eurasians have ready-made trans-national appeal.

Why not just say it straight that thai people do not have any talent?

and thats different from other countries???

tv soaps with ugly people wouldnt be popular world-wide at all,cant think of any really apart from some comedys

or

news presenterscow12.gif

whats the big deal i would like looking at -good looking thai or leuk krung better than fugly any day icon_bolt.gif

They're probably afflicted with getting the white skin syndrome, or the we're more hi so than you problem, and of course the farang big money syndrome.

The "I want to have white skin" syndrome I don't get. Thai people are naturally dark (like it or not). It's pretty funny how they are still trying to get as white as possible. Chinese Japanese and Koreans can probably pull it off, but Thais are dark people and I don't know why they don't just accept this fact and promote being tan is cool or something in that manner. Maybe that's why so many Thai women are hunting down "Farangs" to be their husbands, so they can get cute "white" mixed kids. Heaven forbid if their kids should come out looking more Thai than farang, what a disappointment that would be.

And speaking of luk kreungs being on TV, I think the popular ones are the ones that look more white than asian. I'm half myself and when ever I come here for a visit people are like, oh you should be on TV, oh you look just like a farang, oh you should model, oh, blah blah blah. I'm like, man you people are seriously *ucked up in the head lol. I've never seen so much white worship. weird.

They're probably afflicted with getting the white skin syndrome, or the we're more hi so than you problem, and of course the farang big money syndrome.

The "I want to have white skin" syndrome I don't get. Thai people are naturally dark (like it or not). It's pretty funny how they are still trying to get as white as possible. Chinese Japanese and Koreans can probably pull it off, but Thais are dark people and I don't know why they don't just accept this fact and promote being tan is cool or something in that manner. Maybe that's why so many Thai women are hunting down "Farangs" to be their husbands, so they can get cute "white" mixed kids. Heaven forbid if their kids should come out looking more Thai than farang, what a disappointment that would be.

And speaking of luk kreungs being on TV, I think the popular ones are the ones that look more white than asian. I'm half myself and when ever I come here for a visit people are like, oh you should be on TV, oh you look just like a farang, oh you should model, oh, blah blah blah. I'm like, man you people are seriously *ucked up in the head lol. I've never seen so much white worship. weird.

I myself is a half.. German and Thai by the way.. eiei!! I used to be 'whitish', but over the years, ive been playing sports here in Thailand, thus becoming Tan... I couldnt care less on how i look really.. :o

About being on TV and s***.. Its gotta do with talent by the way... I tried modeling already, and just got a job advertising Dutch Mill.. and that was it... Cuz i really dont have talent infront of a camera lens.. But i do have talent when it comes to photography tho.. hehehehe!! :D

Edited by Mozikillah

I guess Micheal Jackson might know the reasons?

and thats different from other countries???

tv soaps with ugly people wouldnt be popular world-wide at all,cant think of any really apart from some comedys

or

news presenterscow12.gif

whats the big deal i would like looking at -good looking thai or leuk krung better than fugly any day icon_bolt.gif

Cant agree with this reply, I would rather have a good actor than a pretty one, Id prefer talent over looks except at Miss world!!!!!! What am I saying Miss world and talent surely not???????

But seriously, doesn't any Thai think that it's a bit weird that the media prefers mixed kids over full Thais? I'm not saying to ban luk kreungs on TV, but just asking the Thai people why they like someone who does not represent them in real life. Moreover, it seems like the more western they look...the better. Hence the dying of the hair to brown and blonde and whitening their skins.

Kind of seems like Thai people are giving more privileges to people that are of western blood, and not just on TV. I wonder if it will ever reach the point where more luk kreungs are in politics than Thais, just as it is in the media. Then the "whiter" people will probably own this place. A bit sad to think that a full Thai thinks the mixed one is better because he has western blood. I guess people nowadays would have been happy if Thailand was actually colinized during the imperialism age? We would have so much more westerners and luk kreungs here. Then all the so called "good looking" people (according to many Thais) could own and control everything.

Just throwing out something there for you guys to think about. And please don't they it's just because luk kreungs have better looks than full Thai. That is just degrading, belittling, and an embarassment to oneself to say. If most thais prefer to have kids with western blood, then this is just passive genocide. Maybe in 100 years a Thai person will look mixed. And the full darker skined Thai will be serving the whiter looking ones.

But seriously, doesn't any Thai think that it's a bit weird that the media prefers mixed kids over full Thais? I'm not saying to ban luk kreungs on TV, but just asking the Thai people why they like someone who does not represent them in real life. Moreover, it seems like the more western they look...the better. Hence the dying of the hair to brown and blonde and whitening their skins.

Kind of seems like Thai people are giving more privileges to people that are of western blood, and not just on TV. I wonder if it will ever reach the point where more luk kreungs are in politics than Thais, just as it is in the media. Then the "whiter" people will probably own this place. A bit sad to think that a full Thai thinks the mixed one is better because he has western blood. I guess people nowadays would have been happy if Thailand was actually colinized during the imperialism age? We would have so much more westerners and luk kreungs here. Then all the so called "good looking" people (according to many Thais) could own and control everything.

Just throwing out something there for you guys to think about. And please don't they it's just because luk kreungs have better looks than full Thai. That is just degrading, belittling, and an embarassment to oneself to say. If most thais prefer to have kids with western blood, then this is just passive genocide. Maybe in 100 years a Thai person will look mixed. And the full darker skined Thai will be serving the whiter looking ones.

But if as a race we continue to travel so easly and move so freely then we will all end up brown in a few thousand years I would have thought as this is the more dominant colour when having mixed race kids. How many Luk Kreungs have blue eyes? blonde hair?

In my view it would be less of a chance for racism if we all looked similar, still Im sure we could invent a whole new type of racism if this happened.

"Western Blood" has nothing to do with it at all, Western has nothing to do with it at all in fact.

A mixed kid has the best of both worlds that is all. They have (mostly) a bit more a bridge on their nose, lighter skin tones that the urbanised Thai finds so alluring (or, the more exotic honey tone us Caucasians find so alluring) etc etc.

Have you considered that perhaps a % of mixed kids get a better chance in urban life than an Issan rice farmers child might? Therefore more time to spend at dance lessons instead of rounding the water buffalo up.

Or perhaps you see so many mixed kids because the production companies are trying to make the programs seem to be more inter in order to keep the truly inter programs out.

Who knows why, certainly none of us foreigners will ever really know.

But if as a race we continue to travel so easly and move so freely then we will all end up brown in a few thousand years I would have thought as this is the more dominant colour when having mixed race kids. How many Luk Kreungs have blue eyes? blonde hair?

In my view it would be less of a chance for racism if we all looked similar, still Im sure we could invent a whole new type of racism if this happened.

Well my child is a luuk-siew (quarter) and has blond hair, blue eye and lilly white skin. And a Thai passport to go with all that.

But you are right, we are human and even if we all looked the same there would still be some moron out there ready to conqcour and divide. A bit like that episode of 'The Goodies' where they got rid of Apartheid in South Africa, only to replace it with discrimination based on height. Shorties were out and tallies were in. Classic.

A bit like that episode of 'The Goodies' where they got rid of Apartheid in South Africa, only to replace it with discrimination based on height. Shorties were out and tallies were in. Classic.

Now that is the type of society that I would like to live in. :o

So what's up with this obsession with mixed kids in Thailand. Seems like all you need to do is be mixed and your on TV.

Troll.

I wouldn't call this a troll post at all.I used to make the same comment to the wife about Luk Kreungs on TV.She said it was because they were better looking.Plain and simple. :o

I also don't like the term "race".Can anybody tell me exactly what a "race" is?

I don't think it has as much to do with looks as it does with the noses. This country is a nose-obsessed nation. Call it nose mania. Thailand is being ruined by noses. There are over 65,000,000 noses in Thailand right now. Doesn't this number seem a bit high to you? They've been coming across the borders from all directions. Some go so far as to call in a nasal invasion. Will it ever end? Can the noses be stopped? Am I too picky to be picking on the noses?