Ubon - Buying new ASUS AIO PC

jayceenik

In a couple weeks I'll leave my village to buy a new PC in town.

I know the model I want, I just would like to inquire here where it's best to buy: JIB or BaNANA.

Both have shops in Ubon (Central and Sunnee). 

Are they good same-same for buying a PC?

Why do I have an image of someone looking like this 'leaving their village in a couple of weeks and an adventure to buy a computer'....??

To Answer the Ops question: BANANA IT store seems like the biggest store.... 

Is there any variation on offered warranty ? - if the price is the same, perhaps warranty and availability of servicing if someting goes wrong is the biggest factor....

(no offence intended to the Op - just the phraseology of his question raised this image in my mind)

image.png.42eea791a83ba7e33afba6846b420ad1.png

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I always buy my computer stuff from JIB.

It depends upon the individual shop whether your get good service, poor service, or just barely adequate service.

The guys at my JIB shop usually speak extremely limited English, and so be prepared to speak passa Thai, mostly.

I have not shopped at Banana for about 10 years.

I think that the Banana in the mall provides better communication skills.

As to warranty, the JIB store in the mall here is really not good.

But, the JIB shop at the IT center deals more with locals, and so they do not fool around when they know they need to provide the after-sales service and warranty they promised.

In the mall, I guess they deal more with tourists who are here today and gone tomorrow.

Still, I have never had JIB not live up to the warranties they offer.

And, I really think that JIB has been improving in service-related aspects as the years have rolled by.

If it were I, then I would go to the IT center here in CM, and then I would begin shopping around.

I bought an ASUS laptop in 2016, but I bought it not from JIB but from a shop next to the JIB shop.

ALL computer components, such as power supply, CPUs, and also UPS's, I buy from JIB.

They seem to have the best/most-complete inventory of computer stuff.

Another option is Advice. You can go online and compare prices from each store for the Asus model you want to buy.  Advice stores sometimes give free gifts with a computer purchase. I bought an Asus laptop last year and received a laptop backpack, a set of external speakers, a wireless mouse and a mouse-pad.

Decisions-Decisions!

I think the Ubon BaNANA Sunee branch is indeed bigger than the Ubon Central JIB so it's where I'll buy my new (first time) ASUS.

Present one is a Win10 AIO Lenovo bought online in 2017. Time flies!

It has started acting up so it's time to go to a new Win11 SSD AIO brand.

BTW I once DID work for 8 months in the PNG Highlands on contract to an AUS company.

So the "wild" picture brought back memories from my younger more adventurous days. 😀