Where to get custom length cat5/cat6 cables made

gargamon

If around 10m = exactly 10m then this is a standard length. There are several shops in TukCom that will have them. If you're likely to need further cables in the future, I'd recommend learning how to make them yourself. Buy the cable in a roll of 100m or 305m, the RJ45 terminals and the crimping tool (don't buy cheap here) and you'll soon learn that it's quite easy and FAR more cost effective than buying pre-made.

Tuk Com would be the first obvious place to look, after that, pretty easy to find on Lazada, 95b + delivery;

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3m50m-cat-6-gigabit-1000m-utp-cable-i4823597256-s20057497648.html?from_gmc=1&exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:20968287807!!!!!c!!20057497648!763454268&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAivGuBhBEEiwAWiFmYeEHnkmpg4EPKRaGgh-LFPMVaeYraELo91js-J-66gh49jwPqpXrpxoCbkUQAvD_BwE

Back when I was big into computers/network, I used to cut and crimp my own, easy to do after watching a few youtube videos.

Buy from Lazada, as noted above. Not worth making your own unless really a non-standard length, or you have to run the cables in a channel too narrow for the connectors. If you have to make custom on-site, probably not worth paying a tech to visit; check w/ computer/electronics shop and see. For the custom route, I suggest a pass through crimper and connectors, the latter (if CAT 5) w/o metal shields on their sides. And you need a network connection checker. Trivial if you have the tools, but requires some patience. Watch youtube instructional vids first. 

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

Thanks all. I'll pick up something on lazada or shopee. 

They are that cheap I bought a CAT8, maybe overkill, but the cable is way different in construction, chalk & cheese....😋

13 hours ago, transam said:

Loads to choose from on Lazada..........😉

Yes, probably easiest and can be a quick delivery if you find a domestic source, I got my last HDMI that way, and CAT6. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

So funny that every "where can I buy..." thread ends up with the same answer... go to Lazada lol

that's because for many needs it really is the best option.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, transam said:

They are that cheap I bought a CAT8, maybe overkill, but the cable is way different in construction, chalk & cheese....😋

A genuine CAT8 cable is certainly not cheap, and a waste of money

21 minutes ago, BenStark said:

A genuine CAT8 cable is certainly not cheap, and a waste of money

Indeed, that's why I bought a CAT8 at a very good price, but, at only one metre long...😘

But what is a "genuine" CAT8 cable, how do 'you' tell........?  🤔

9 minutes ago, transam said:

But what is a "genuine" CAT8 cable, how do 'you' tell........?

No idea, try to use Google.

But anyway, if you want to be 100% sure what you buy will always be genuine, then Lazada or Shopee are the last places to consider

Edited by BenStark

Just now, BenStark said:

No idea, try to use Google.

But anyway, if you want to be 100% sure what you buy will always be genuine, then Lazada or Shopee are the last places to consider

Google, you talked about "genuine" yet you don't know..........🤭

Did you know that not everything on Lazada is shady, you must be diligent with your search..

See, you learned something today............😉

• Confused 1

if you think you may have any need for any more cables in future, you can buy the cable and connectors and crimpers and make yourself
it is very easy to do, and is what i now do since wiring my new office i run a lot of LAN cables in the wall
obviously you may buy a good bit more cable than you need, Glink CAT6 100m is like 400 baht iirc
you can buy the shieled connectors cheap
and can colour code the cables
if doing this though be sure to buy the pass through connectors and crimpers for such as they are much easier than the old ones
obviously doing this you can make the cable exactly the right length

23 hours ago, Woof999 said:

If around 10m = exactly 10m then this is a standard length. There are several shops in TukCom that will have them. If you're likely to need further cables in the future, I'd recommend learning how to make them yourself. Buy the cable in a roll of 100m or 305m, the RJ45 terminals and the crimping tool (don't buy cheap here) and you'll soon learn that it's quite easy and FAR more cost effective than buying pre-made.

I disagree that it is "quite easy". I've done quite a few myself and found that the performance of the cable can be compromised if it is not done perfectly - which is difficult. If you don't get it perfect, it can still work, but with lower performance.

Now I only use pre-made cables, usually on Lazada or Ali-Express.

On 2/26/2024 at 4:10 PM, Woof999 said:

There are several shops in TukCom that will have them.

Back in its glorious heyday, Tukcom had a shop selling bulk cable according to specified length. I'm sure they'd also put the connectors on. Probably long gone by now, though.

Might check with Amorn or Pattaya2U if they sell custom cables or direct you to a shop.

https://pattaya2u.business.site/