Recommendations for a freight agent to bring furniture and effects to Pattaya

ozimoron

I have a friend who wants to buy a condo in Pattaya and freight a container of furniture and effects from Australia to Pattaya.

Can anyone recommend a reliable agent to do this, including handling the customs requirements? Would there be any taxes payable as the stuff is all used in his current home?

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I have a friend who wants to buy a condo in Pattaya and freight a container of furniture and effects from Australia to Pattaya.

Can anyone recommend a reliable agent to do this, including handling the customs requirements? Would there be any taxes payable as the stuff is all used in his current home?

It’s a long time ago, but I used:

UniGroup Worldwide UTS Thailand for the importation of my belongings from UK to Thailand - PM me for details…

As for import tax, depending on your friend’s visa classification, on your FIRST entry into Thailand there is no duty liable for household goods and personal effects but one must be aware of the importation of ‘other’ goods and prohibited stuff - there’s lots of information available on the web.

If you are Thai aware, you will perhaps be aware that if you want services to be expedited ‘efficiently’, there are additional costs…

No import duty on used personal items. When I used a service from QLD to Pattaya the local agent was Asian Tigers, can't remember the Oz company so suggest you contact Asian Tigers in BKK, they have staff who understand English. No problems whatsoever with the service.

Edited by simple1

We used International Sea & Air Shipping for a 20-foot container from USA to CM.  The Thai end of the move was handled by Boonma.

Things went more smoothly on the Thai end than the USA end.  Boonma got our goods through Thai customs with no problems.  Shipment was in my Thai wife's name as she qualified for the duty exemption for a returning Thai citizen.  They did not open the container for inspection.  We submitted a somewhat detailed inventory and were charged 1200฿ duty on 3 items (1 of 2 sets of golf clubs, a medium size tool box of tools and a 8' step ladder).  I guess those didn't qualify as household goods 😆😆.

I suggest you contact Boonma as I'm sure they have worldwide contacts that they deal with.