Test

RickG16

Since nobody actually creates or contributes to posts in this forum anymore (since certain changes were made) I am posting this as a test.

Does anyone miss the club threads?

It seems we have now reached zero participation on this forum. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Since nobody actually creates or contributes to posts in this forum anymore (since certain changes were made) I am posting this as a test.

Does anyone miss the club threads?

It seems we have now reached zero participation on this forum. 

I agree Rick. Don't know why though. There are a few regular posters and some occasional (me), but nothing like a few years back.

What's you take on it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I agree Rick. Don't know why though. There are a few regular posters and some occasional (me), but nothing like a few years back.

What's you take on it?

If it's a commercial decision then I understand it. But if it is based on participation, I think it is clear that nobody is interested in the current threads.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

If it's a commercial decision then I understand it. But if it is based on participation, I think it is clear that nobody is interested in the current threads.

I want to be notified about any footy posts. No matter what thread they are from. I like talking about it. Don't get many notifications now. Just don't get the interest that we once did.

Generally;;;:: Over-enthuaistic moderation (not the footy mods - I must add) sent some members packing. They haven't yet returned; and might not I fear. The site is dog-slow, and has very intrusive adds. The site web-master needs a talking to.

In saying the above; I'm still here, and so are you Rick. So let's not get too down in the dumps.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Gave up ,  was like talking with myself , only a few snide remarks from a Man U supporter ......

regards worgeordie

Well, I mentioned the Australian women's soccer team before and got abused and today they qualified for the Olympics with a win of !0 nil follows up of a 3-nil win of the first away game and yes, it is not men's football, but it was great to watch. Didn't bother to post any details 

• Like 2

I really hope we can rejuvenate this once great place.  Unfortunately myself and mrbojangjes are no longer mods.  But I would still like to see an active forum. If the powers that be would open some of the team threads. I believe it can be a good place to be again. But you guys are the ones that make it so. So let’s getting posting up in any active threads . Like this one. 😀 Then maybe we can have our team threads again. Btw anyone seen my Rangers thread? Can’t find it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jockstar said:

I really hope we can rejuvenate this once great place.  Unfortunately myself and mrbojangjes are no longer mods.  But I would still like to see an active forum. If the powers that be would open some of the team threads. I believe it can be a good place to be again. But you guys are the ones that make it so. So let’s getting posting up in any active threads . Like this one. 😀 Then maybe we can have our team threads again. Btw anyone seen my Rangers thread? Can’t find it. 😂

If it wasnt for ONE member who posted just twice, the thread you are requesting hasn't been used since September last year—almost 6 months.

Here it is........You havnt posted in this since Sept 2022

3 hours ago, Jockstar said:

Closing threads without advising the OP is a bit off. My Bolton thread seems to have been "dissappeared". Oh well.

Edited by champers

41 minutes ago, champers said:

Closing threads without advising the OP is a bit off. My Bolton thread seems to have been "dissappeared". Oh well.

You were ONE of just 4 posters in that thread for a whole YEAR ! 

On 2/28/2024 at 7:10 PM, RickG16 said:

Maybe people went elsewhere because certain individuals think they own the thread and make personal attacks on anyone who doesn't have complimentary things to say about their club? :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Jockstar said:

Aye well done. Wrong team. 😂

I'm sending you an application form for the Green Brigade now...fill it in by Monday and you get a free shamrock badge!

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

So rather than stick to our existing Football Teams threads.... instead we create a new post every time our Team plays or even does n,t play......yeah that makes sense :unsure:

Yes from a forum and commercial perspective that's exactly right !

If you post , then it's current and visitors can see it is recent, you post in a specific club and it has no impact whatsoever on the viewed front-page.It all stays out of view, old and stale.

As for the remark on participation and the topic falling off the page, that can't happen as it was, and shows a distinct lack of understanding as to how the forum works which is surprising considering it was an ex mod who made it.

Again, post in a club, that club stays,there  the other non used stale ones will stay too because the posts are not made in the general forum there is nothing being posted so you end up with clubs showing no activity for months on end neing displayed giving the appearance the whole place is inactive or pretty much deadl.

Someone else commented on lack of participation on the news posts etc, whilst it would be ideal, it doesn't really matter, they are getting read, the views are there at 10x more than they were before they were introduced, and anyone visiting the forum now sees the entire page of recent posts not old stale unused topic, Because it's fresh the old topics are now descending as they should.

Post in the main forum, show activity, if there is sufficient activity in a particular area/team  then it can be pinned, but you have to have flow through which this forum hasn't had prior to the changes.

This is now CLOSED.