METV and TM30

Just arrived at the inlaws place Phuket and knew about this TM30 but not sure if we have to register. Note we need to extend the visa at the local office during our stay.

When applying for the METV, on the form you need to add the address you are staying, so does this exclude you from needed to do the TM30?

Asking here because to register for the TM30 it seems you need to be a business and we are only staying at the families place.

Thanks

Edited by BaanOz

The property owner is required to file a TM30 any time a foreigner is staying at their property.  No exception for the METV.  In practice many condo owners renting on airbnb and similar sites never file TM30s, and many people are staying in these with few if any problems.

I have extended visa exempt entries many times in Phuket at the main office in Phuket town, and they never asked me for a TM30, and I am sure a TM30 was never filed for me.  I would recommend trying to extend without the TM30 a couple of weeks early, and then worrying about filing it if they ask for it.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

No exception for the METV

Thanks Phillip, I just bit the bullet and took a couple of hours to decipher.

Ended up just registered myself (too hard for inlaws) and used passport as ID and I got a login.
Setup the address plus uploading inlaws ID and blue book.
Added myself and wife to it and got the approved/informed printout.

Done, annoying and an effort but suppose it won't be too hard in the future not I've done it once.