Info about "The Cliff" and "Peak Towers" condominiums in Pratumnak

I am about to buy a condo either at the Cliff or at Peak Towers. But recently I have heard some news (that I hope to be fake) about these 2 condominiums.

1) At The Cliff many balcony railings have the glass cracked. The real estate agent says it is because  the glass was attached too tight to the cement and with the heat (sun) it has been expanding. But I have heard that it is because the building has been slightly collapsing (maybe few centimeters) on one side.

2) At the Peak Towers I have heard that they built more floors than they were allowed to, according to the original project approved by the land office.

I know that I will have to contact an engineer for the Cliff and a lawyer for the Peak Towers, but I was wondering if any of you have heard of similar stories about these 2 buildings or if you have a suggestion of how to proceed with my research. I know that the easiest answer is: Just look somewhere else...but I really like these 2 condominiums. Thanks for your help!!

I rented at the Peak Towers for a couple years.  It does get some pretty strong winds during storms, so I would definitely be concerned if they built more floors than they were allowed to.  It's got beautiful views on the beach side.  My only input is probably generic for hi-rises, there aren't enough facilities for the number of people that live there.  There are 2 pools with a total of ~20-30 chairs and a smallish gym and 30ish floors with ~10 units per floor.  So when residency picked up post-covid it was difficult to get a seat at the pool or use the common gym.  However, this is likely the case with most hi-rises.  I moved to a low rise and am happier here with the ratio of residents to facilities here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brian2322 said:

I rented at the Peak Towers for a couple years.  It does get some pretty strong winds during storms, so I would definitely be concerned if they built more floors than they were allowed to.  It's got beautiful views on the beach side.  My only input is probably generic for hi-rises, there aren't enough facilities for the number of people that live there.  There are 2 pools with a total of ~20-30 chairs and a smallish gym and 30ish floors with ~10 units per floor.  So when residency picked up post-covid it was difficult to get a seat at the pool or use the common gym.  However, this is likely the case with most hi-rises.  I moved to a low rise and am happier here with the ratio of residents to facilities here.

I actually like the low rise buildings too, (I live in one in Phuket) but the problem in Thailand is that if u buy one, next day they could build a skyscraper in front of your building and u get trapped in there. For example I like the condominium in front of Peak Towers (Elegance/ only 7 floors)...but I am pretty sure that soon they will build something in front of it. 

At Peak Towers I am concerned with the legal issues more than with the structural issues of the building. But thanks a lot for your advices

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

With the 2 issues you report why would you even think about buying in either?

Those are issues with a big question mark...They might  be not true. Thats why I asked for some help. BTW there are hundreds of condominiums for sale in Pattaya, and I can guarantee u that they all have their issues...its a pretty wild environment out there

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Steve959 said:

I actually like the low rise buildings too, (I live in one in Phuket) but the problem in Thailand is that if u buy one, next day they could build a skyscraper in front of your building and u get trapped in there. For example I like the condominium in front of Peak Towers (Elegance/ only 7 floors)...but I am pretty sure that soon they will build something in front of it. 

At Peak Towers I am concerned with the legal issues more than with the structural issues of the building. But thanks a lot for your advices

My understanding is that if you look at all of the condos in cozy beach, peak towers is as close to the beach as they are *currently* allowed to build hi-rises (there are others at a similar distance to peak towers but none significantly closer).  You could confirm with your lawyer.  

After what you've voiced as concerns I wouldn't want any part of it...

Hire a lawyer ...arm him with your concerns and press his go button 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:49 AM, newnative said:

Sent a private message to your mailbox.

Hi, could you send me the pm, i bookmarked this thread expecting more replies as i too have been looking at the same 2 condo's.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:28 PM, brian2322 said:

When you lived at The Peak Towers was there much within walking distance such as any night life ?