Houthi fight extracts heavy cost on Pentagon

Social Media

Topic Update: Two killed in Houthi missile attack on cargo ship - US officials

image.png

Two crew members have been killed in a Houthi missile strike on a cargo ship off southern Yemen, US officials say - the first deaths the group's attacks on merchant vessels have caused.

The Barbados-flagged True Confidence had been abandoned and was drifting with a fire on board, managers said.

It was hit in the Gulf of Aden at about 09:30 GMT, they added.

The Houthis say their attacks are to support the Palestinians in the war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.

In a statement, the Iran-backed group said the True Confidence's crew had ignored warnings from Houthi naval forces.

The British embassy in Yemen said the sailors' deaths were the "sad but inevitable consequence of the Houthis recklessly firing missiles at international shipping" and insisted the attacks had to stop.

Six crew members were also injured, a US official told the BBC's US partner CBS.

Source

image.png

• Sad 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:29 PM, billd766 said:

If the Palestinians do that, all well and good.

However at the same time the Israeli's must also hand over Netanyahu, his entire war-mongering cabinet and all the generals and field commanders to the ICJ, after reminding them that the excuse "I was just following orders" is NOT a valid excuse as was clearly pointed out at the Nuremberg war trials after WW2, when the Germans were accused and quite rightly sentenced for the genocide of many of the Jewish people, along with the genocide of homosexuals, transvestites and gypsies from all over Europe.

The Israeli's must also give up all the land and settlements that they have built on stolen Palestinian land since 1973.

It seems as though in the responses, 1 poster gave me a thumbs up, 1 poster agrees with me and one poster is confused.

Well Mr Confused, why not respond in writing and tell me why you are confused, and I will see if I can explain it to you in a different way. Perhaps I didn't make my response clear enough.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

It seems as though in the responses, 1 poster gave me a thumbs up, 1 poster agrees with me and one poster is confused.

Well Mr Confused, why not respond in writing and tell me why you are confused, and I will see if I can explain it to you in a different way. Perhaps I didn't make my response clear enough.

I gave you the thumbs up, mainly for the last sentence, so I'm not the confused one.

Don't hold your breath on Mr Confused replying.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I gave you the thumbs up, mainly for the last sentence, so I'm not the confused one.

Don't hold your breath on Mr Confused replying.

Was it really you ?

Mr Confused ?

How else would you know that he wouldn't be replying ?

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How many more ships get attacked before Biden does the right thing and forces netanyahu to stop bombing defenseless civilians?

And how is Biden going to do that?

Think before answering.

• Confused 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:10 PM, heybruce said:

Shutting down shipping through the Red Sea and Suez Canal would be an inconvenience to most of the world, but a major economic blow to Egypt and mid-eastern countries. 

I know these countries have not shown much competence in dealing with fires in their own backyards, but perhaps it's time to force these countries to do it anyway.

For once you're spot on. We'll said.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 12:33 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

And how is Biden going to do that?

Think before answering.

For a start he can stop sending money and weapons then maybe some illegal sanctions on Israeli businesses seizure of assets etc

How about supporting votes in the UN calling for an immediate ceasefire ?