Houthi fight extracts heavy cost on Pentagon

Social Media

Houthi funding (and enthusiasm) pretty much dried up until Biden removed the sanctions on Iran selling oil. 

Now, they have $$ billions of Bidenbucks to buy drones and foment mischief.

I miss mean tweets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Houthi funding (and enthusiasm) pretty much dried up until Biden removed the sanctions on Iran selling oil. 

Now, they have $$ billions of Bidenbucks to buy drones and foment mischief.

I miss mean tweets.

Please show us the sources that support your claim.

• Agree 1

Shutting down shipping through the Red Sea and Suez Canal would be an inconvenience to most of the world, but a major economic blow to Egypt and mid-eastern countries. 

I know these countries have not shown much competence in dealing with fires in their own backyards, but perhaps it's time to force these countries to do it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking like the Houthis may have cut internet cables and have certainly sunk a British ship. The US coalition seems to be deadly quiet.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/04/business/red-sea-cables-cut-internet/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/02/stricken-ship-attacked-by-houthi-rebels-sinks-in-red-sea

24 minutes ago, Tug said:

So you are ok with the hammas criminals murdering burning alive kidnapping and mass rapeing of Israelis?

So you are ok with Israel murdering many thousands of Palestinian men women and children in retaliation ?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That discussion has been done numerous times in various threads

well I think it deservers to be said again and again and again how many thousands of Palestinian life's to an Israeli life is acceptable ?

Edited by johng
spelling again
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, johng said:

well I think it deservers to be said again and again and again how many thousands of Palestinian life's to an Israeli life is acceptable ?

1000 to 1 is the Hamas going rate .

That is how many Palestinians prisoners  they want released for one Israeli 

4 hours ago, johng said:

It's relevant to the topic as it's the reason for the Houthi attacks. If the conflict in Gaza had not occurred the Houthis would not be attacking israeli linked, American and British shipping. The last two because they made themselves an enemy by ineffective bombing on Yemen soil.

As for the US led coalition, has it amounted to much yet? They were struggling to get support from serious contenders, and Britain seems to be experiencing difficulty in finding a ship that actually works to send.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's relevant to the topic as it's the reason for the Houthi attacks. If the conflict in Gaza had not occurred the Houthis would not be attacking israeli linked, American and British shipping. The last two because they made themselves an enemy by ineffective bombing on Yemen soil.

As for the US led coalition, has it amounted to much yet? They were struggling to get support from serious contenders, and Britain seems to be experiencing difficulty in finding a ship that actually works to send.

They actually want to flog off an aircraft carrier now the Prince of Wales. Like the real thing, it doesn't work. And whatever you do don't mention the Ajax tank. The Tories have destroyed the British Armed Forces far more than leftist  blow hard malcontents like me ever could. But they make good ads....

God Save the King !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13138221/Britains-cash-strapped-Navy-forced-sell-aircraft-carrier-HMS-Prince-Wales.html

• Haha 1

I wasn't wrong paper tiger it is. This is what a hollowed out dying US hegemon looks like pleading for reasonableness from your enemy. Second video.

And an astonishing article in The Atlantic, you can almost smell the fear -  it truly is an Arabist Viet Cong.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2024/03/houthis-yemen-war-palestine/677637/

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Tug said:

the only way is for the Palestinians to give over to Israel ALL of the hammas criminals

Only way is for Palestinian

acquiescence to Isreal's demands?

Maybe If Isreal also hands over it's war criminals  to an independent third party for fair prosecution there might be a chance of a deal.

Edited by johng
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good to see the US continuing to support Israel's action following the disgraceful October 7 terrorist attacks. 

Just as the US defended itself after the 9/11 terrorist attack, so must Israel after the 7/10 terrorist attack. 

edit ; typo

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

They actually want to flog off an aircraft carrier now the Prince of Wales. Like the real thing, it doesn't work. And whatever you do don't mention the Ajax tank. The Tories have destroyed the British Armed Forces far more than leftist  blow hard malcontents like me ever could. But they make good ads....

God Save the King !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13138221/Britains-cash-strapped-Navy-forced-sell-aircraft-carrier-HMS-Prince-Wales.html

I can't quote from it, but before they put up the pay or stuff off banner It's being denied that it's going to be sold. However it seems that they are having a problem finding enough sailors to man both. LOL. Perhaps if they hadn't wasted all the money in Ukraine and israel they might be able to afford a few more sailors.

Here's the link.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/29/hms-prince-of-wales-will-not-be-sold-says-navy/

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good to see the US continuing to support Israel's action following the disgraceful October 7 terrorist attacks. 

Just as the US defended itself after the 9/11 terrorist attack, so must Israel after the 7/10 terrorist attack. 

edit ; typo

I hope you are not including Iraq in that. Iraq had nothing to do with 9 11.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope you are not including Iraq in that. Iraq had nothing to do with 9 11.

That's why I didn't mention it. 

9/11 was an obvious false flag to usher in the heinous "patriot act"

"legitimising" torture  indefinite detention,surveillance on unprecedented scale and never ending war.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't quote from it, but before they put up the pay or stuff off banner It's being denied that it's going to be sold. However it seems that they are having a problem finding enough sailors to man both. LOL. Perhaps if they hadn't wasted all the money in Ukraine and israel they might be able to afford a few more sailors.

Here's the link.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/29/hms-prince-of-wales-will-not-be-sold-says-navy/

Here's an archive version  https://archive.is/khgHx .

Possibly, aircraft carriers are expensive dinosaurs in the new age of asymmetric warfare. Just ask the Russian who lost Moskva to cheap tech - maybe in the future they will become status symbols for second rate navies like the Thais who can use them to cosplay rather than war. If an aircraft carrier was to be sunk in the Med by Iranian proxies it would truly stun and horrify the world.

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Here's an archive version  https://archive.is/khgHx .

Possibly, aircraft carriers are expensive dinosaurs in the new age of asymmetric warfare. Just ask the Russian who lost Moskva to cheap tech - maybe in the future they will become status symbols for second rate navies like the Thais who can use them to cosplay rather than war. If an aircraft carrier was to be sunk in the Med by Iranian proxies it would truly stun and horrify the world.

In an age of hypersonic missiles, any large ship is probably just a good target now.

I can see new designs to provide a low profile, or stealth. Bit difficult to make an aircraft carrier stealthy though.

If an aircraft carrier was to be sunk in the Med by Iranian proxies it would truly stun and horrify the world.

It would certainly stun and horrify the US that has spent rather a lot to build the biggest carriers in the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In an age of hypersonic missiles, any large ship is probably just a good target now.

I can see new designs to provide a low profile, or stealth. Bit difficult to make an aircraft carrier stealthy though.

If an aircraft carrier was to be sunk in the Med by Iranian proxies it would truly stun and horrify the world.

It would certainly stun and horrify the US that has spent rather a lot to build the biggest carriers in the world.

The West needs to have a good debate about how much they pay for hugely expensive tech from the military industrial complex and whether that is good value for money. Russia has rearmed at pace and can produce tank busting Lancets in pop-up factories in shopping malls for 10s of thousands of dollars not millions. That's why the next Wunderwaffe wont win the war for Ukraine.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The West needs to have a good debate about how much they pay for hugely expensive tech from the military industrial complex and whether that is good value for money. Russia has rearmed at pace and can produce tank busting Lancets in pop-up factories in shopping malls for 10s of thousands of dollars not millions.

IMO the military industrial complex will always find a way to extract as much as possible from the sheeple citizens. Perhaps it will be to build autonomous fighting machines at a few zillion $ per.

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The West needs to have a good debate about how much they pay for hugely expensive tech from the military industrial complex and whether that is good value for money. Russia has rearmed at pace and can produce tank busting Lancets in pop-up factories in shopping malls for 10s of thousands of dollars not millions.

So much for the Leopards and Abrams that were sure to win the war for Ukraine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the military industrial complex will always find a way to extract as much as possible from the sheeple citizens. Perhaps it will be to build autonomous fighting machines at a few zillion $ per.

So much for the Leopards and Abrams that were sure to win the war for Ukraine.

and Challengers, Caesar howitzers and an endless menagerie of mothballed hardware that has proved difficult to service and oft-times didn't work. Shells seemingly of the right calibre wouldn't fit in the barrels, and barrels would wear out unable to be replaced. Once Ukrainian air defences had been degraded to virtually nothing at the front lines the arrival of TOS thermobaric rockets and FAB glide bombs have cause terrible carnage on the hapless often forced conscripts on the Ukrainian front. It’s total slaughter there now. No wonder they are retreating.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Tug said:

Absolutely not I’m not ok with anyone getting slaughtered nor am I ok with Israeli families being slaughtered murdered raped burned alive nor concert goers being kidnapped raped and held for ransom…….the only way is for the Palestinians to give over to Israel ALL of the hammas criminals that brought this hideous calamity on them then use that to leverage some agreement that allows them to live and prosper …..

If the Palestinians do that, all well and good.

However at the same time the Israeli's must also hand over Netanyahu, his entire war-mongering cabinet and all the generals and field commanders to the ICJ, after reminding them that the excuse "I was just following orders" is NOT a valid excuse as was clearly pointed out at the Nuremberg war trials after WW2, when the Germans were accused and quite rightly sentenced for the genocide of many of the Jewish people, along with the genocide of homosexuals, transvestites and gypsies from all over Europe.

The Israeli's must also give up all the land and settlements that they have built on stolen Palestinian land since 1973.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1