Dramatic Visa Fee Increases being reported

Stickman Bangkok reported that the Thai embassy in New Zealand published its new visa rates schedule online.

Scroll down to pages 3 & 4 for English & note prices are in New Zealand dollars so convert to your currency

It is pretty dang hefty IMO

Where I use to pay $80 for my 3 month non imm visit yearly it is now going to be about $500 USD

A one Year Multi entry Non Imm is $1222 USD

It seems this is due to start on March 19th 2024 & NZ just leaked it a bit earlier than the news being reported

• Haha 2

Crikey have just looked at his site and that link that's crazy. Either it's a mistake or it's terrible news. No change in the UK

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/81755-visa-fees?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Late last week the Thai embassy in New Zealand published its new visa rates schedule online. From March 19, the embassy itself won’t accept visa applications anymore and all visa applications must be made online. With the new online system, the fees for a visa to Thailand have increased dramatically.

There has been disbelief and shock at the massive increases in visa fees which will see a single-entry tourist visa increase in price from $NZ 60 to $NZ 300. A single-entry non-immigrant visa (the visa needed for a work permit or a retirement visa or a marriage visa) will increase in price from $NZ 120 to a whopping $NZ 800! For reference, $NZ 1 = 22 baht so a single-entry tourist visa will be priced at the equivalent of about 6,600 baht, getting on for $US200. That means a single-entry non-immigrant visa would be the equivalent of around 18,000 baht, or $US500! A multiple-entry tourist visa will cost $NZ 1,000 and a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa $NZ 2,000!

Edited by beautifulthailand99

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Crikey have just looked at his site and that link that's crazy. Either it's a mistake or it's terrible news. No change in the UK

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/81755-visa-fees?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

That page was last updated Sept. 2022.  The fee increases posted by RTE NZ are effective from March 19th 2024.  I think its a case of 'watch this space'....!

If this is true my marriage 3 month Imm-O UK visa will go up from £60 to £385 I was considering giving next year a miss anyway and letting my wife go solo if this happens I'm out. They can shove it up their fundament.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Yeah sorry didn't see that but the thread you posted is also closed already

In any case I think these jumps are over the top but expected as after the Junta drained the rough the new govt needs to find ways to refill. Seems their preferred methods will be tax the Falangs & raise visa fees for starters.

Anyone think the 400/800k required will not also be increased? 😉

This is the latest.... 

Edited by mania
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

It wouldn't be just NZ so it's either fake news or the others will follow 

I'm guessing but...I think NZ just jumped the release gun & posted on their site sooner than the rest

In typical Thai new rules fashion they were probably all supposed to wait till March 18th 😉

But yeah agree no way it is just NZ & looking at document sure seems real enough.

• Like 2

Theyve taken a  leaf out of the Elite  visa folk, having  said that it  seems they do this kind of ridiculous  thing, toll fees  went  up by almost double a few  years  back, have been expecting the 400-800k to double at least for a few  years  now.