Staircase in Phuket where doctor was assaulted now a tourist attraction

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Pesche said:

Amazing how such silly moment of inappropriate behaviour has become a Mammut-headline shocking everyone - OMB (Oh My Buddha), what a shame, what a blamage for Switzerland - Oh la-là!!

Meanwhile:

- A Tourist from China is killed on his first day of vacation by a speeding pickup witch drove off.

- A Thai firing a gun at the ‘wrong car’ in Pattaya.

- a 30-year-old security guard at Terminal 21 Korat, is found shot six times by a Thai with an improvised shotgun.

- In the heart of Bangkok around 4.46 pm, a man pulled a gun and opened fire in a violent dispute over personal matters before fleeing with a fake gold necklace.

- A well-known Thai racing driver is currently facing scrutiny after a video surfaced online showing him assaulting a Mahidol University student in a condominium gym. The incident stemmed from a dispute over the use of gym equipment.

Etc. etc. etc.

Yeah... there are bad actors everywhere... doesn't diminish what the swissie did and doesn't mitigate what action Thailand Immigration decides to take now does it.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Pesche said:

Amazing how such silly moment of inappropriate behaviour has become a Mammut-headline shocking everyone - OMB (Oh My Buddha), what a shame, what a blamage for Switzerland - Oh la-là!!

Meanwhile:

- A Tourist from China is killed on his first day of vacation by a speeding pickup witch drove off.

- A Thai firing a gun at the ‘wrong car’ in Pattaya.

- a 30-year-old security guard at Terminal 21 Korat, is found shot six times by a Thai with an improvised shotgun.

- In the heart of Bangkok around 4.46 pm, a man pulled a gun and opened fire in a violent dispute over personal matters before fleeing with a fake gold necklace.

- A well-known Thai racing driver is currently facing scrutiny after a video surfaced online showing him assaulting a Mahidol University student in a condominium gym. The incident stemmed from a dispute over the use of gym equipment.

Etc. etc. etc.

Yes, one stupid act by a foreigner can be utilized and dissected and made infamous so easily. What a Thai does to another Thai is commonplace in society and no-one really gets outraged at it. Have a minor accident or incident or even a major one with a foreigner and it can not be settled without netizens being outraged and huge punishments. The same type of accident or incident no-one would be outraged if it was a Thai and a minor settlement and wai would be acceptable. I have yet to understand this Thainess. The same I have yet to understand who are the netizens outraged either. But, clearly there is prejudism in large quantities within the society towards foreigners and the outraged netizens are enticed by the news reported which details things to make people even more angry at foreigners. A shame really because sometimes foreigners over react and do stupid things the same as Thais. We are all the same. Those that live in Thailand for a long time have made Thailand their home and usually are good to Thais and Thailand.

I am not saying this Swiss man does not deserve the punishment that awaits him though. What he did was obviously bad. But the reaction singles out all foreigners now implying that there are many here that would do something so bad. Which I do not believe.

In related news this foreigner will be sent out of Thailand even if there are no charges against him. And now the police are ordered to check all foreigners backgrounds in Phuket. The damage is done worse than just kicking that woman in the back. So one stupid violent act now affects all foreigners there. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If you go to Phuket Island this summer, you should not miss taking photos with the stairway where a Swiss man allegedly kicked a Thai female doctor. People were seen queuing up at the spot, which is in front of a luxurious villa rented by the Swiss man.

How sad.... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Yeah... there are bad actors everywhere... doesn't diminish what the swissie did and doesn't mitigate what action Thailand Immigration decides to take now does it.

But it does put this overblown hoo-ha into perspective

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, stoner said:

i heard they are offering a service now...while you take the selfie someone will kick you in the back for 500b.

Will I need a work permit to do this as a foreigner to provide authenticity?  Shirley, kicking women can't be a job reserved for Thai men!