Aussie snacks and foods in Pattaya

mmvucd

Folks, do you know where I can find imported Australian (made in Australia) snacks and foods in Pattaya like chips, chocolate, macadamia nuts, etc. I did check online, but some of these online shops have Aussie snacks that are made in Thailand. I am looking for products that are imported from Australia.

5 minutes ago, mmvucd said:

Folks, do you know where I can find imported Australian (made in Australia) snacks and foods in Pattaya like chips, chocolate, macadamia nuts, etc. I did check online, but some of these online shops have Aussie snacks that are made in Thailand. I am looking for products that are imported from Australia.

Import taxes might make them expensive. I'm not sure how imported chips would be better.

• Confused 1

Vegemite is the only thing I miss, though I did manage to find 2 jars near Asoke in January. Impossible to find here in Surin.

(I have to make do with Marmite. Ugh!)

• Confused 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, mfd101 said:

Vegemite is the only thing I miss, though I did manage to find 2 jars near Asoke in January. Impossible to find here in Surin.

You can find it on lazada and shopee

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, rwill said:

You can find it on lazada and shopee

Ha ha. Thanks for that, shows how out-of-touch I am - would never occur to me to go shopping for foodstuffs there.

Will give it a try.

18 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Ha ha. Thanks for that, shows how out-of-touch I am - would never occur to me to go shopping for foodstuffs there.

Will give it a try.

yeah well....picked up the odd Aussie food stuff.....seems they sit on the self forever, or overlooked in the back of the store room, running at around 50/50 for lets say well over use by date....and most likely stale.....the Big #one is a culprit...

Villa has all the Aussie snacks you need and they deliver anywhere if you shop online. Smith's chips, bbq shapes, vegemite, arnotts biscuits, villis and four and twenty pies etc. etc. 

I have found vegemite in some tops and even big c at Ekamai. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Will give it a try.

Lots of old favourites to be found. Many of the Expats shops trade on that platform. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Villa market has any Aussie products available,  also you will find some Coles products like peanut butter, vegemite, jams, biscuits and cereals in Tops supermarkets..

Edited by steven100
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Villa market has any Aussie products available,  also you will find some Coles products like peanut butter, vegemite, jams, biscuits and cereals in Tops supermarkets..

Yes, used to find vegemite occasionally at Tops in Surin but not for the last couple of years. Peanut butter & jams no problems either there or at the local Lotus here.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, used to find vegemite occasionally at Tops in Surin but not for the last couple of years. Peanut butter & jams no problems either there or at the local Lotus here.

Probably see more of them...... many are also European favorites and the Oz ones don't have to run the Yemen gauntlet through the straits. 

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, mfd101 said:

As an Aussie, I have that shiit, referring both to Vegemite and Marmite.

• Sad 2

Always a good selection of Tim Tams at the Foodmart next to the Jomtien bus station to airport. Either 108 or 118 baht, can’t remember. With chocolate being so expensive in Thailand, cheapest way to get my chocolate fix.

On 3/11/2024 at 10:36 PM, damian said:

Villa has all the Aussie snacks you need and they deliver anywhere if you shop online. Smith's chips, bbq shapes, vegemite, arnotts biscuits, villis and four and twenty pies etc. etc. 

I have found vegemite in some tops and even big c at Ekamai. 

Do they have Cherry Ripe's?