Hotel or guest house

salavan

Can anyone recommend a hotel or guest house around 400 to 500 baht a night, any district. (No need for air conditioning) 

I looked on the internet but they seem to be controlled/advertised by the large tour companies. 

How long do you want to stay? 

https://www.oyorooms.com/th/86742/?latitude=13.660448&longitude=100.612133&locale=en

Some places you can book for a month. Like Sathon Saint View. One of my mates is a frequent guest. He books for a month but stays for 3 weeks. I stayed there 25 years ago. The pool is nice. I sat reading a book watching the BTS being test run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

https://www.oyorooms.com/th/86742/?latitude=13.660448&longitude=100.612133&locale=en

Some places you can book for a month. Like Sathon Saint View. One of my mates is a frequent guest. He books for a month but stays for 3 weeks. I stayed there 25 years ago. The pool is nice. I sat reading a book watching the BTS being test run.

Just a few days now and then just a change of scenery, short getaway

18 minutes ago, salavan said:

Just a few days now and then just a change of scenery, short getaway

Sathorn Saint View is more serviced apartments but is an easy walk from Surasak BTS. If you like a pool it would do. Car parking may have to be negotiated. 

If only a few days then St. James Hotel it is above your budget but for 2 or three days?  about 2000 more.

43 minutes ago, salavan said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel or guest house around 400 to 500 baht a night, any district. (No need for air conditioning) 

I looked on the internet but they seem to be controlled/advertised by the large tour companies. 

It's very hot now, get aircon.

1 minute ago, salavan said:

Never bothered about it as long as I have a fan I'm ok

Download agoda app. Enter your criteria. Easiest way to find cheap rooms.

Slightly above your price range, around 600 baht.  Well-maintained, all the stuff works, AC and mini-fridge, very clean and surprisingly quiet, small swimming pool and fitness room.  About 5 minute walk to Huamak Stations (Airport Link line and BTS and railway), next to strip mall with 24-hour grocery store.  Bus 145 to Chatuchak Station.

https://www.agoda.com/p-park-residence-suvarnabhumi/hotel/bangkok-th.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:22 PM, VocalNeal said:

They have running water, for that price?

8 minutes ago, Dolf said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Me too around the same time...small world.

Maybe you shared a room

It's your prerogative to think about that, if it gives you pleasure...enjoy the polishing.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Avoid those run by foreigners...as in Thailand once you live here, you will see that often it is better to avoid the foreigners who have businesses. Of course not all, of course not...but many.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Avoid those run by foreigners...as in Thailand once you live here, you will see that often it is better to avoid the foreigners who have businesses. Of course not all, of course not...but many.

I have breakfast at the new airport Marriott Courtyard now and then, it’s run by a foreigner and it’s great.