Wizz IPTV Problems

superal

Anyone having connection issues with Wizz TV . Keeps asking me to login but will not accept my details . However it came on last night , after resetting the router ,  when I opened the app but it is down again today . Normally no problems and a good service . My speed test has dropped from 200 Mbps to 76 

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Check testmy.net to see your real speed 

Thanks , I did a couple of tests , one with my VPN and one without . Not much difference but upload very low at 2 and 5 MBPS the download was 96 MBPS . I will visit my internet company today . I am paying for a V.I.P. service which guarantees no less than 200 MBPS , no matter how busy the Internet traffic is . Any idea why the upload is so low ? Wizz have told me that there has been damage to some sub sea internet cables by sabotage but that does not account for my service working one day but not the next .

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Check testmy.net to see your real speed 

This is strange . I have just done 4 speed tests with 3 companies and leaving  my V.P.N. connected .

test my.net  Download = 59.5  upload 5.5

race Communications , Download = 148.8  Upload 71.4

Fast    ,  Download = 190   Upload = 110 

Ookla   , Download = 172.48 , Upload 78

All tests at the same time , what a variance . I am with 3BB and they use Fast.com for speed tests .

59 minutes ago, superal said:

This is strange . I have just done 4 speed tests with 3 companies and leaving  my V.P.N. connected .

All tests at the same time , what a variance . I am with 3BB and they use Fast.com for speed tests .

Just moved the Wizz TV box to another room with a different Ethernet cable and the service is working . However the Internet speeds are not good and I could not get Ookla or Race Speed tests to connect

3 hours ago, superal said:

Speedtest seems to show speeds available in the area with your provider, it doesn't show what your actual speed is, testmy.net shows actual speed. That's certainly the case with mobile data, may well be the case for wired data but I'm not sure, either way i agree it's confusing, but streaming i use 10mbps no problem

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Speedtest seems to show speeds available in the area with your provider, it doesn't show what your actual speed is, testmy.net shows actual speed. That's certainly the case with mobile data, may well be the case for wired data but I'm not sure, either way i agree it's confusing, but streaming i use 10mbps no problem

The local ISP 3BB say they have a problem . Thanks for your help