Quick questions about ME non-O (marriage) extension of stay + TM30

Hello, forum!  I asked a question about the TM30 three months ago.  I apparently didn’t get through all the replies because I had cataract surgery that came along with an infection. 
Anyway, I just revisited my previous post andot raised more questions than answers.  Keeping in mind I am on a Multiple Entry Non-O based on marriage WITHOUT 400k in the bank and have been exiting and entering every 90 days to renew my extension of stay, here they are:

1.  Can I just get a 90 day extension at immigration, instead of exiting and entering?  One commenter said this could be done. I was oblivious to this option. If so, what exactly do I need to do so?

2.  Does a TM30 still need to be submitted?  I got a mixed bag of answers on this one and it seems the ones saying I need to do it thought I was on a single entry, although I stated in the OP it was ME Non-O based on marriage (Multiple Entry).  

Please note- Upon reentry, I will be returning to my residence that I rent from a landlord (kinda the middle-man between the actual owner and myself). Oh, landlord says the website to report my residency doesn’t work in Nonthaburi province, which is the province I live in with my Thai wife).  Someone said there is a newer website to try. So…

3.  What is the newest website to report my residence (if needed), and what exactly do I need to do it myself in case the landlord still claims it is impossible. 

Thanks in advance!

1. No. Exit Thailand and reenter. You can. Obtain 60 day extension "to visit wife"

2. No . However Nonthanburi can be strange similar to CM.

3. TM30 impossible for landlord is ridiculous. However you can do yourself as possessor. Would require cooperation from landlord for few docs.

In any event should not be required 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

TM30 impossible for landlord is ridiculous. However you can do yourself as possessor. Would require cooperation from landlord for few docs.

In any event should not be required

Landlord claims it is impossible to do online, but will go to immigration and do it for 500 THB, which isn’t bad. That’s about how much a round trip taxi costs for me. 

8 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

@DrJack54  Thanks so much. So, I have the choice of exiting and re-entering for 90 days or going to immigration for a 60 day extension . Is that correct?  

Yes.

BTW: If Immigration office insist upon TM30 (they should not) thinking the "tip" to landlord you mention might be an option

9 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

@DrJack54  Thanks so much. So, I have the choice of exiting and re-entering for 90 days or going to immigration for a 60 day extension . Is that correct?  

you can do a 60 day 'visit Thai wife' extension 1 time per entry into Thailand, but they may ask for a tm30 to have been done

TM-30 is required when you move from A to B within 24 hours.

MANY offices require if you reenter the country, SOME do not.

SOME offices will let YOU do a TM-30 with proper paperwork as possessor.  I have done with a: rental agreement / lease, utility deposit receipts and my passport stamps up to date.

It all depends on LOCAL OFFICE policy what they require.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:28 AM, steve187 said:

you can do a 60 day 'visit Thai wife' extension 1 time per entry into Thailand, but they may ask for a tm30 to have been done

Can you do this after the visa expiration date?  Like re-enter just before the actual visa expires, then extend the 90 day permission to stay by another 60 days?  That would be 17 months on a one year visa!  

i’ve never heard of that, but I met a guy in Savannakhet last night that said yes, one can. 

Posted (edited)

BTW- I’m just doing a border bounce right now on my valid visa. So, I don’t have much to report because I didn’t need to go to the consulate. But I teamed up with the British fella I met at the border to enter Laos, shared a tuk tuk, dropping him off at the consulate and me a bit further to my hotel (100 THB each). Met him for brunch because he was in and out. Like 6-7 people in front of him. He was talking about Savannakhet not giving one year ME (marriage) visas and the need to now show 400k in the bank and seasoned. He had it, but only for a few weeks and they accepted a copy of his bank book, updated the day before.  I missed the reports of Savannakhet now requiring proof of funds.  He was successful, though. 

Edited by keysersoze276
Additional information

6 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

Can you do this after the visa expiration date?  Like re-enter just before the actual visa expires, then extend the 90 day permission to stay by another 60 days?  That would be 17 months on a one year visa!  

i’ve never heard of that, but I met a guy in Savannakhet last night that said yes, one can. 

the expiry date of the visa is the last day it can be used, if you enter on the day before you will get a fresh 90 day entry stamp ( the visa is now dead and can no longer be used) this new 90 day entry stamp can be extended to visit Thai wife by 60 days ( one time only)1,900thb