Transcending trouble: Thai transwomen tussle with tourists in Phuket

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Chalermchai stated that police officers were endeavouring to patrol Soi Bangla and its vicinity to apprehend transgender sex workers, though it proved to be a challenging task. Distinguishing between sex workers and non-sex workers was not straightforward. Without clear evidence, the police were unable to make arrests.

What a weak excuse to justify avoiding doing their job. Distinguishing sex workers is extremely easy - any one of them standing on the side of the road occasionally trying to grab passerbys is a sex worker 100%. Still need more proof? a sting operation would be extremely easy - send in guys in plain clothes, have them negotiate a rate (after the "lady" offered services) and pretend to go to his hotel, and arrest them. Need extra proof? CCTV footage all over the street. Can also record video and audio of them offering services without a sting operation.

Fact is - as usual - police is not operating to clear out the ladyboy sex workers on Bangla because they don't want to. It's funny how they keep going about "tarnishing the image of Thailand/Phuket" when every single night they have hundreds of ladyboys ruin the image of any city they offer service in. I'm singling out ladyboys (as opposed to real ladies) simply because they are more aggressive, more offensive, more violent, and commit more crime (theft/robbery/assault) compared to real ladies.

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Theyre  not  women theyre blokes pretending to be women mostly for financial gain nothing more

Yes For sure .

Daytime job working as a Male .

Night time Part time job as Female    or the other way around  All for Easy Gain and /Show off

What do I feel like this Month/Year  .Scrambled Brains /Soft in the head.

A Pattaya police Superintendent admits the ladyboys are sex workers. That's a first!

The police were unable to determine a date for the incident. Do the videos shown on social media not have some metadata containing the date?

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Theyre  not  women theyre blokes pretending to be women mostly for financial gain nothing more

They were not called women in the article. But since you have to make this illuminating remark, note that the "financial gain only" is what it may look like if you only see them where there is money to be made. Like walking in Patong after midnight and concluding that most women in Thailand are prostitutes. As you should know, ladyboys are a very accepted component in Thai society, they choose their lifestyle not for money but because of their genetics and/or of the way they are raised in the family. You often see them working in all kind of jobs, some are very feminine and kind, treat them as normal persons and they can have a happy life of their own. No need to judge them.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Well  when Mr archaeologist digs up their skeletal remains in 1000000 years and takes one look at the pelvic  bone he wont be saying ............. yeah theyre trans women alright.

But they also cannot say for certain that they were not.

Those trannys are bad for tourism , no problem with the show girls type or ones who actually work a normal job but those trannys  hanging around in groups on beach fronts are up to no good 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Usually egged on by some <deleted> tourists... but after the Soi 11 tussel w/Pinoy ladyboys; perhaps new aggressions... 🤔

Edited by johnc925
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

There are only 2 genders, blokes in a dress and make up, even with the cock chop are still men.

Once a bloke always a bloke.

Cheers to that

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What I would really like to know is why are such a significant number of ladyboys so troubled in terms of mental health? It's just unbelievable how many stories you read about ladyboy theft, ladyboy violence, ladyboy this, ladyboy that. What is the story? 

I am very grateful when I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and am completely content with my sexuality, and I would imagine it has to be very difficult to deal with those kinds of issues on a daily basis. So, to some extent I can understand some of the challenges, but it seems like Pattaya is the world center of mentally challenged ladyboys, who are really poorly adjusted, and not making much of a contribution to society. 

Am I wrong, am I seeing this from a warped perspective? 

Couple of things perhaps. For one, every time a ladyboy flies off the handle, you read about it; every time a ladyboy *doesn’t* fly off the handle, you don’t read about it, because it’s not newsworthy. What’s the expression -- if it bleeds, it leads.

And for another, it may be that sex work itself -- whether the sex worker is a woman, a man, or a trans person -- produces its own kind of pressure and leads to a volatile personality. I don’t live in a part of Thailand known for sex tourism, and I see trans women (or ladyboys as many here would prefer) every day, working in normal jobs, like anyone else. I’m sure that most are just as comfortable with their sexuality as you or I.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

As you should know, ladyboys are a very accepted component in Thai society, they choose their lifestyle not for money but because of their genetics and/or of the way they are raised in the family.

I thought it was due to an early discovery of anal sex. They don't get enough of it as our ladies, understandably,  have a clear preference for vaginal penetration, so they turn on each other. That's what my mum told me. R.I.P Mum.

My dad used to say that male homosexuality was a myth as it was anatomically impossible. Maybe he had a guilty conscience. R.I.P Dad.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Jesus [effing] Christ ! We are doomed.

These two posts, and the reactions to them have restored my seraphic smile.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 17.22.37.png

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

Not a single post inquiring "why" she kicked the guy sitting down. That tells a story in itself.

He has obviously said something not nice, something derogatory and probably mocking - the ladybot hasn't just lashed out for no reason.

I'd wager the the guy was drunk and shooting his mouth off fuelled by alcohol. If he ddi that to anyone he should expect a retort and maybe a fat lip. 

Is there any mention of what he said?  

You can not be serious?

Chalermchai acknowledged that the transgenders featured in the video may be sex workers offering services in

Soi Bangla. He suspected that the altercation stemmed from a dispute over service fees.

Offering a SERVICE THAT IS NOT ALLOWED in THE LAND OF SMILES.

9 hours ago, zakalwe said:

Thai ladyboys seem to be physically bigger than Thai guys.

Yes, when you cut off their dick, they gain in height what they lost in genital length.

That's how nature compensates. 

6 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

one transwoman found a foreign tourist’s mobile phone and promptly alerted the police to facilitate its return to the rightful owner.

Thats got to be a first?

As rare as the dodo 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why are foreigners obessed with ladyboys?

Is it because they can't  have sex with them in their own countries?

Why not? In England one guy had sex with 30 dogs 

• Haha 1

'Without clear evidence, the police were unable to make arrests.' 

This never stopped the Pattaya cops who would often drive along beach road, load a bunch of LB into the pickup and off to Soi 9

A 100 baht fine usually and released. BIB didn't worry about' evidence' just being a LB there was enough. Maybe their just to damn lazy?