Transcending trouble: Thai transwomen tussle with tourists in Phuket

webfact

I am always very amused on watching ladyboys walk back to the hotel followed by the client a few yards away pretending he's not the one. And even more surprises on seeing many clients who are the tough mouthy tatooed types. Of course, with consenting adults, all are free to their private lives should it be by the front door or the back yard.

• Haha 1

While I’m not a gambler I would put money on a bet that this incident could of been avoided if the farang would of kept his mouth shut.

High chances he said something derogatory or showed aggression due to his insecurity.  A simple no thanks normally works.

Myself and others have by visiting or living in Thailand for years.  Never had these assaults I read about.

• Thanks 1

So a Thai kicked a foreigner in Phuket, but this time it was while they were sitting on the street, not beach steps, which will probably be a completely different matter. I wonder how Swiss guy feels about that ?

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why are foreigners obessed with ladyboys?

Is it because they can't  have sex with them in their own countries?

He's  Scottish, so what's  ya problem?🙃20240312_070414.thumb.jpg.ffab9f0809a06c9bd1c4b7b2ffdbb567.jpg

• Haha 2

I still remember my first ever arrival in Bangkok, taxi driver from the airport warned me about them and when I arrived at the hotel there were 2 walking past and they stopped to say something to me and he ran them off (clearly wanted a good tip), other then them being loud and slightly annoying I've never seen the aggression others are talking about but I don't really go to areas where they go as a non drinker.

A lot of tourists want to have photos and poses with the Katoeys,

What some don't understand is generally you would give them 100 Bhat tip for there time they have to make money some how its the way it has been since forever, if you don't tip them they will get nasty and if a tourist gets nasty back well god help them ha ha its not right but hey that's the way it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 2:52 PM, Jackbenimble said:

Grow up. If the farang had kept his big, drunken mouth shut and resisted the urge to insult them/mock them this wouldn't have happened. 

These "incidents" are usually fuelled by foreigners who have drunk too much - then it just needs a foreigner with his Dutch courage to join the party and the fireworks begin.  

They seem to think they're still at home and can shoot their mouths off at anyone they see fit. Ladyboys take the brunt most of the time. They dont do it to motrocycle taxi guys so why do it a) to ladyboys b) to anyone? 

Tourists come here and seem to think there are no rules or laws and they can behave like morons. They cause problems and then when they get a good hiding they cry to the law and play the victim. 

You are funny guy with had fully in sand. Look around you ffs. Did you see what lady boys do on the street

2 hours ago, Ausie11 said:

You are funny guy with had fully in sand. Look around you ffs. Did you see what lady boys do on the street

Nothing funny about drunk foreigners shooting their mouths off but to then start whining when it goes pear-shaped is a joke. It doesn't matter that t was a ladyboy, shoot your mouth off because you're drunk and you shouldn't be surprised if someone pulls you up about it. You being an Aussie (I presume) will know what I'm talking about. You guys dont tolerate having the p*ss taken out of you so why do you think a ladyboy should let it go? 

Or are there different rules regarding ladyboys, are they "fair game"?

Edited by Jackbenimble

On 4/4/2024 at 1:38 PM, Jackbenimble said:

Nothing funny about drunk foreigners shooting their mouths off but to then start whining when it goes pear-shaped is a joke. It doesn't matter that t was a ladyboy, shoot your mouth off because you're drunk and you shouldn't be surprised if someone pulls you up about it. You being an Aussie (I presume) will know what I'm talking about. You guys dont tolerate having the p*ss taken out of you so why do you think a ladyboy should let it go? 

Or are there different rules regarding ladyboys, are they "fair game"?

You really amaze me or you are lady boy just defending you kin. Nobody said anything about shooting the mouth. They (lady boys) are stopping people on the street, if one doesn't  want their services , they start abusing and grabbing for the phone or necklace, or stealing whatever they can. And always in a groups like koyoties. I have witnessed it time after time