Russian Man Arrested For Allegedly Operating Illegal Motorbike Rental Business on Koh Pha N

webfact

image.jpeg

Surat Thani –A Russian man was arrested on Tuesday (March 12th) after he was allegedly found operating an online motorbike rental business on Koh Pha Ngan in Surat Thani.

The Koh Pha Ngan District officials told the Phuket Express that at 10:00 A.M. on the day in question they arrested a 21-year-old Russian man on Koh Pha Ngan.

Seized from him was a 300cc motorbike, a mobile phone, and some personal documents.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-14

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Click here:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Back in Phuket, an Italian neighbor has been operating an illegal bike rental biz without problems. In the nearby vicinity, there are Russians operating car rentals, the Russian employee sitting behind the counter and taking bookings while authorities don't give a sh$t.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Surat Thani –A Russian man was arrested on Tuesday (March 12th) after he was allegedly found operating an online motorbike rental business on Koh Pha Ngan in Surat Thani.

The Koh Pha Ngan District officials told the Phuket Express that at 10:00 A.M. on the day in question they arrested a 21-year-old Russian man on Koh Pha Ngan.

Seized from him was a 300cc motorbike, a mobile phone, and some personal documents.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-14

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Click here:

One bike for rent. Hardly a business. However the Russian was not too smart advertising his bike the way he did. If the police really wanted to find foreigners with illegal businesses they would delve into the monies made with the bike rental places on the sides of the roads. In Pattaya there are many foreigners who buy a dozen of so bikes and use a Thai to rent them and then pay the foreigners after they get their commision. I am sure Phuket would be the same. It is a lucrative business and without work permits. I know several retirees earning incomes this way. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

Back in Phuket, an Italian neighbor has been operating an illegal bike rental biz without problems. In the nearby vicinity, there are Russians operating car rentals, the Russian employee sitting behind the counter and taking bookings while authorities don't give a sh$t.

Report them, or have a Thai you know report them. There's probably a reward of some sort available. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Couldn't GAF about ratting them out, much less wishing they'd be deported for a victimless crime like that. 

But I am curious about the formalities... Whose name are the vehicles registered in?  Whose name are they insured under (if any)?  Are the businesses even registered at all?  And if so, under what structure and in whose name?  How is it that the popo don't seem to mind?  

Edited by impulse

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

Take me out back and put me out of my misery if I ever get petty enough to rat out a foreigner for violating WP laws.

Why? Do you violate them? Me thinks so.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Why? Do you violate them? Me thinks so.

I break fewer than the guys who indulge in short time intimacy. In fact, I can't think of a Thai law I have broken since my first 3 months in LOS when I jumped the gun on my WP because the agency that approves them only meet a few times a year.  So, like most of my compadres, I started working before I had a WP, though the application was in.  Technically illegal, but well accepted.  That was 13 years ago.

Be careful what you wish for when you clap like a seal because someone's deported for behavior you don't like.  They may be coming for you next.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

They absolutely should be thrown out and spend a few nights in jail first. I worked over here for 25 years and it was always a bitch to get and comply with my work permits. I have no mercy. There is a dam good reason to not let foreigners work here casually.

There millions upon millions of poor Thai's here who can't find work, why should some low life who can't make a dime in his own country or feels like running away from military service get any mercy here? Let a little one do it, then there's one little bigger and another bigger than that. Cancer.

4 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

There millions upon millions of poor Thai's here who can't find work,

Please send them to Koh Samui.

Most businesses here are desperate for workers.

Salaries are through the roof and still shortages everywhere.

I know of one hotel that is paying cleaners up to 24,000 baht per month (including tips, perks etc).

NB Russian language skills NOT required.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Seems to be the day of the Russians. Time for Putin to send an evac-plane with destination cannon fodder at the front lines.

Edited by Gottfrid

4 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Get the smart car out it's going to get busy 🤔

Smart car was busy in Pattaya yesterday, a guy hussled out of a coffee shop by 2 burly police.. No polite  Hello, s either! 

59 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Seems to be the day of the Russians. Time for Putin to send an evac-plane with destination cannon fodder at the front lines.

Wonder why they don't cancel their passports. Belarus did. Great idea. Maybe we should start a Go Fund Me

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Take me out back and put me out of my misery if I ever get petty enough to rat out a foreigner for violating WP laws.

Russian. Hardly qualifies for any consideration. In fact, we should do anything we can to make their lives miserable. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Grass them up like the Thais would if you're getting that wet about it.

28 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Russian. Hardly qualifies for any consideration. In fact, we should do anything we can to make their lives miserable. 

An educated professional Jewish man from Moscow told me this...'They don't appreciate life'. In response to a a question as to why they bahave like they do.