Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thaksin Shinawatra Returns to Chiang Mai After 17 Years, Receives Warm Welcome

webfact

getting ready to take over?

he is doing the grand tour to get a pulse of things then main stream media is going to brainwash the thais about how thaksin didnt miss a stroke... although i wish he did have a stroke an his lego square head falls off his shoulders

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

'Receives Warm Welcome' received warm welcome from whom? few of people who were there because

that's it was arranged so it will look good?... Not like there were masses of people to welcome him with

flowers, loud cheers and applauds...

Not like there were any protesters to pelt him with rotten tomatoes either.

They're all on A. N. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Why does everyone care about Thaksin anyways? It's been so long I forgot the details. He was corrupt? Yeah so are all officials in Thailand it seems. I don't really know why we should care at this point. I will admit though his square shaped skull kind of irks me but I'll survive.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He should walk back straight to jail.

And all the politicians and administration who lied to the public about the criminal's health should also go to jail.

How can we expect that any politician is honest if they know already that they will never have to spend a night in jail?

What a disgusting performance of PT and its allies. 

This is Thailand and how it rolls... should we be so shocked?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin Shinawatra, His daughter and Pheu Thai party leader Ms. Paetongtarn Shinawatra, and his relatives visited his hometown in Chiang Mai

Welcome home, Sir, and ignore all the BS being aimed at you - especially from AN! Very disappointing I could not be in the welcoming crowd - enjoy your stay.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Welcome home, Sir, and ignore all the BS being aimed at you - especially from AN! Very disappointing I could not be in the welcoming crowd - enjoy your stay.

Sir , he’s a Scammer  to Thailand 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see that he has the convicted drug smuggler in his entourage!

"The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age revealed he spent four years in a Sydney jail in the 1990s for his role in trafficking 3.2 kilograms of heroin into Australia".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Sir , he’s a Scammer  to Thailand 

With respect and IMO, it is the yellow establishment in Bangkok that is scamming Thailand to this very day! I refer to him as "sir" because I lived in the North of Thailand (Lanna) and benefitted from all the improvement projects he introduced throughout his 2 terms as a truly democratically elected PM, also the one term with his sister as a truly democratically elected PM. Basically, prosperity was brought to the north in tourism, agriculture, infrastructure and business investment. I witnesed these and that is why I do not give a damn about the hatred that eminates from down south. I bet many of you moaners were not even around during Thaksin and Yingluk's terms as PM.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

'Receives Warm Welcome' received warm welcome from whom? few of people who were there because

that's it was arranged so it will look good?... Not like there were masses of people to welcome him with

flowers, loud cheers and applauds...

Actually, today he was at Warorot market -a public venue, not restricted ceremonies like yesterday- and according to a main national newspaper the place was "deluged" with thousands of supporters. Impressive pictures too, especially when you consider that the air quality is a shame today. Mind you, I don't have a special inclination for this or that party, but let's be fair in our comments.

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Why does everyone care about Thaksin anyways? It's been so long I forgot the details. He was corrupt? Yeah so are all officials in Thailand it seems. I don't really know why we should care at this point. I will admit though his square shaped skull kind of irks me but I'll survive.

Because they are bored and want to feel important.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect and IMO, it is the yellow establishment in Bangkok that is scamming Thailand to this very day! I refer to him as "sir" because I lived in the North of Thailand (Lanna) and benefitted from all the improvement projects he introduced throughout his 2 terms as a truly democratically elected PM, also the one term with his sister as a truly democratically elected PM. Basically, prosperity was brought to the north in tourism, agriculture, infrastructure and business investment. I witnesed these and that is why I do not give a damn about the hatred that eminates from down south. I bet many of you moaners were not even around during Thaksin and Yingluk's terms as PM.

Well said.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1