Re-Entry Permit Question

I got a multiple re-entry O visa from the UK which is good through to October 18, 2024. Hopefully the week after next I'll be getting a one-year marriage extension.

My question is this, do I need a re-entry permit [for traveling outside Thailand] while the multiple re-entry O visa is active and I have the one-year marriage extension?

Again @Upnotover has provided OP simple correct advice.

OP, you can obtain reentry permit at same time as extension or at airport on day of departure.

The reentry permit will have expiry same date as expiry of your extension..

4 minutes ago, dairy queen said:

Thanks for the quick reply, @Upnotover

You're welcome.  If you plan travel between now and October you could always put off the extension till later - if you travelled in October for instance you'd get 90 days more on returning (before the 18th) and wouldn't have to do the extension until the end of the year.

• Agree 1

It does seem a waste of a perfectly valid visa, applying for a 1-year extension and re-entry permit when you can stay in Thailand for almost 17 months with that visa type, with only 3 border runs and 3 60 day extensions. Are you familiar with how the Non Imm O visa works?

How- Non Imm O ME Visa. (Thai family-Wife).odt 

I could perfectly understand applying for an extension at this early stage to negate having to do border runs, but then why ask about a re-entry permit unless you intended to travel.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2024 at 4:17 AM, Upnotover said:

Once you are on the annual extension you will need a re-entry permit.  The visa is done with.

+1 – if you exit an extension of stay without a re-entry permit you loose your extension of stay, and need to restart the procedure for a new extension, often beginning with a (new) visa.