Move Forward Dissolution Bid Part Of Thaksin’s Secret Deal

webfact

image.jpeg

A PREMEDITATED ATTEMPT TOWARD a dissolution of the Move Forward has been known as an ultimate part of a secret deal earlier made between de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra and the powers-that-be, according to a partisan source.

The secret deal which had evidently seen the de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict return home without being literally put behind bars for a single day for his court-convicted misconduct in office, the jaw-dropping setup of a Pheu Thai-led coalition government and the successful naming of former real estate tycoon Srettha Thavisin as head of government was believed to involve as a pivotal part the sought-after dissolution of the Move Forward, said the partisan source who only spoke on condition of anonymity.

The unidentified powers-that-be had had unabated fears that the de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict on parole might probably manage to reset the Pheu Thai-led coalition sooner or later to the extent that the Move Forward be finally included as replacement for a few ultra-conservative camps, such as the Bhumjaithai under de facto party boss Newin Chidchob, the Palang Pracharath led by former deputy prime minister Prawit Wongsuwan and the Ruam Thai Sang Chart under de facto party boss/former coup leader-turned-prime minister/now privy councillor Prayut Chan-o-cha.

Those ultra-conservative camps might probably be kicked out of the Pheu Thai-led coalition government as soon as in the next few months if the Move Forward survived the legal battle launched in the Election Commission’s lawsuit in pursuit of the progressive party’s dissolution at an order of the Constitutional Court, the partisan source said.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: Composite photo showing de facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra, left, and former Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat, right. Credit: Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-16

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A PREMEDITATED ATTEMPT TOWARD a dissolution of the Move Forward has been known as an ultimate part of a secret deal earlier made between de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra and the powers-that-be, according to a partisan source.

Get MFP out of the way and pave the way for PTP party under his wing will rule the next election

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, webfact said:

a secret deal earlier made between de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra and the powers-that-be,

The unidentified powers-that-be

Ah yes, those mysterious people who pull every string and manipulate every outcome ... The only problem is that noone ever does manage to identify them. (The notion that it's the 2 P generals or the very summit of the triangle strikes me as unrealistic.)

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

I'm still curious to know the content of the Hong Kong discussions bewteen T & T.

If MFP are dissolved they will simply reincarnate as the 'X Forward Party' for the next election so what exactly have the 'rulers' achieved? It will be difficult (but not impossible) to ignore the people a second time.

I thought the discussion could have been around accepting their fate and then joining forces with PT after reincarnation for the next election but the 'rulers' want MFP and their ilk gone forever so PT need to be careful. Either way the 'rulers' have the LM charge on Thaksin to prevent him from straying from the agenda.

Who knows? It's murky isn't it!

Edited by damian
  • Agree 2

Sounds too convenient an explanation, made by people who do not like both the MFP & PT. You wonder if someone very high up, said time to bring the T man back. That cannot be argued with or tal;ked about. What can be done is try & undermine his popularity among the Thai population.  Been doing that for 25 years now.
Yawn.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Ah yes, those mysterious people who pull every string and manipulate every outcome ... The only problem is that noone ever does manage to identify them. (The notion that it's the 2 P generals or the very summit of the triangle strikes me as unrealistic.)

The 1% rule in every country, if you control the markets you control decisions made by government, a generals power pales into insignificance against a falling stock market. People only rebel when their comfort zone is threatened.

• Haha 1

Who knows what thaksin agreed to in order to facilitate his, and Yingluck's return?

The rumor mill suggests that he is beholden to the 

unidentified powers-that-be

Putting down any future suggestions of reforms, and punishing those who supported such suggestions, would seem to be the minimum.

14 million voters be damned.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

has been known as an ultimate part of a secret deal

What an interesting hindsight.

Why didn't they publish the details of this secret deal before Thaksin returned?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

I have to disagree with the now part. This has been known for ages. Everyone knew a deal had been done. I'm sure PT are carefully watching their backs as they share the same bed with the devil. Always keep in mind the military/elite will do anything and everything to maintain their power.

Appalling, tragic error on my part. So sorry.

1 hour ago, damian said:

I'm still curious to know the content of the Hong Kong discussions bewteen T & T.

If MFP are dissolved they will simply reincarnate as the 'X Forward Party' for the next election so what exactly have the 'rulers' achieved? It will be difficult (but not impossible) to ignore the people a second time.

I thought the discussion could have been around accepting their fate and then joining forces with PT after reincarnation for the next election but the 'rulers' want MFP and their ilk gone forever so PT need to be careful. Either way the 'rulers' have the LM charge on Thaksin to prevent him from straying from the agenda.

Who knows? It's murky isn't it!

"....they will simply reincarnate as the 'X Forward Party' for the next election......"

Why bother?

They have already tried to play the fixed game twice as FF and MF, but they have known all along that those were long shots and that they would most likely have to escalate:

If parliament cannot be an effective arena for settling differences of opinion and finding consensus among parties and people of different ideologies, then of course, people will have little choice but to go to extra-parliamentary means to voice their opinions and to push for changes,”

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-to-press-ahead-with-amending-article-112-but-within-limits-imposed-by-court/

The ballot box means nothing in Thailand.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Get MFP out of the way and pave the way for PTP party under his wing will rule the next election

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

All clear now. Despicable, but hardly surprising.

I have a hard time believing that this will happen any time soon. Before this can happen, they need to take control of the Senate.

Thaksin is playing the same games he always played.

The one thing he has not taken into consideration is the military elite, not so secret weapon.  COUP.

Any change that threatens the current government will be met with art 112  in that the PTP in joining with the MFP have decided that they also want to make the anti-monarchy changes that would be unlawful

There fore, they must go, and Thaksin, as the leader, must be charged.  Remember that Tony has a Lese Majeste charge hanging over his head right now.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Victor Laszlo said:

Typical of politics in all corners of the globe, none more so than back in my once beloved Great Britain. 

In Britain, would sitting PM's be pictured having dinner with three convicted criminals? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 2long said:

It will be interesting to see how wise/foolish the voters will be, and how good their memories are come the next election.

The big problem with the next election IMO is the voters know that their votes mean nothing and the whole electoral process is a farce.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

If parliament cannot be an effective arena for settling differences of opinion and finding consensus among parties and people of different ideologies, then of course, people will have little choice but to go to extra-parliamentary means to voice their opinions and to push for changes,”

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-to-press-ahead-with-amending-article-112-but-within-limits-imposed-by-court/

Sooner the better.

and the circus is back in town, the clowns take front stage and this time will include Yingluck as the main attraction.... what a charade, and they want the international community to consider Thailand a developed/corruption free banana republic

• Thanks 1

I have to admit that I am confused.

It seem to be all about a secret deal.

A deal. so secret that "everybody" knows about it, and has done for years.

If it is secret, how come "everybody" knows about it.

quote from the OP

"after dissolution of the Move Forward, said the partisan source who only spoke on condition of anonymity."

"The unidentified powers-that-be"

It sounds like the rumour mill is running flat out with nothing in the way of proof, except perhaps the anonymous partisan source, and possibly the unidentified powers-that-be.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have to admit that I am confused.

It seem to be all about a secret deal.

A deal. so secret that "everybody" knows about it, and has done for years.

If it is secret, how come "everybody" knows about it.

quote from the OP

"after dissolution of the Move Forward, said the partisan source who only spoke on condition of anonymity."

"The unidentified powers-that-be"

It sounds like the rumour mill is running flat out with nothing in the way of proof, except perhaps the anonymous partisan source, and possibly the unidentified powers-that-be.

You have been here long enough to know people have to speak in tongues otherwise the slammer beckons.

Some posters go on about there's no democracy in Thailand, it's hopeless, the army etc will never let MF become the government.

So what's the choice? 

Take to the streets.

Then the army cries unrest, millions of Thais are living hand to mouth, or month to month, so violent suppression plus financial hardship drives the protesters back to work after yet another coup.

The alternative- MF are reborn after dissolution, the demands, the cries for reform of Thailand are unstoppable amongst an increasing number of the population.

2 years ago it was 14.4 million.

In three years perhaps 20 million.

In the meantime old age and beyond envelop the present elite, disappearing beyond the horizon.

Edited by bannork

On 3/16/2024 at 12:48 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Thaksin's Lese Majeste charges won't come to fruition. They would have been part of the bargaining chip to get rid of MFP.

A case of better the devil you know for the military. 

It would not surprise me that retaining the unelected senate is also a condition of his return.

It has all been worked out, and the Thai people are being taken for absolute mugs yet again. 

I agree, but the LM charge and Yingluck are all things that the military can hold as their guarantee that there is no dissolution and then a joint agreement with MFP.

The challenge that you have in the country is that the country people and the older people still remember the good days when they could count on certain parts of the system or a certain person to come out and help them.

There is also the belief in the same quarters (again, 50 years plus) that the military has always come to the rescue of the country when there is a problem.

Some people think that Thaksin has been beneficial and that the PTP is the only party that cares about them on their farms or villages.

In BKK and larger cities, the elite have lost much of their hold and are desperately trying to regain it. I think that will not happen.

• Agree 1