Pattaya City to Close Part of Sukhumvit Road for Construction

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —Pattaya City and the Pattaya police will be closing a section of Sukhumvit Road near the Pattaya North Intersection (Motorway) due to construction work.

Starting today, March 15th, 2024, traffic cones and barriers will be installed to divert traffic to avoid the closed section. Signs will be placed to guide drivers, and officers will be stationed at the location to assist and direct motorists.

A detour to Sattahip will be available via the left lane of the road, while a detour to Naklua will be available via the right lane.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: PRPATTAYA

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-16

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that Pattaya's road constructions department are the bustiest in the world as there are

always, really always few sections of Pattaya's roads that are under months of constructions...

As an occasional visitor I can confirm. Can't remember last time when Sukhumvit through Pattaya was free of construction.

Does this affect coming from M7 exit to Pattaya Klang?

Edited by KhunBENQ

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

As an occasional visitor I can confirm. Can't remember last time when Sukhumvit through Pattaya was free of construction.

Does this affect coming from M7 exit to Pattaya Klang?

No...only going to Pattaya Nua/Naklua

Edited by couchpotato
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Talking about M7 intersection, but show a photo of Chaiyapruek which is Najomtien area (which by the way will be under construction again soon).....

Symbol photo from the archives 🙂
How nice would a sketch/map be?

Edited by KhunBENQ

I occasionally drive up to Laem Chabang to see the GF, and I've given up using Suk for the trip, too slow due to all the roadworks. Instead I just take the 7 and join Suk in Laem Chabang. A lot further, and a 20 Baht toll, but who cares? It's much better than sitting in a traffic jam for half an hour in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Stay away from Pattaya, all together for the next few months no matter what they claim, traffic is a mess everywhere do even think about shopping at Makro or getting to the bus station!  Stay away everyone.🤣

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Stay away from Pattaya, all together for the next few months no matter what they claim, traffic is a mess everywhere do even think about shopping at Makro or getting to the bus station!  Stay away everyone.🤣

Actually Sukhumvit from Tepprasit to Chaiyapruek only has two bottlenecks on the going South side and none on the going North side, and all the u turn intersections are now clear, so I disagree with the above post about the Makro area. And all the way to Sattahip is very good now (with just one or two flyovers to finish).

56 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Actually Sukhumvit from Tepprasit to Chaiyapruek only has two bottlenecks on the going South side and none on the going North side, and all the u turn intersections are now clear, so I disagree with the above post about the Makro area. And all the way to Sattahip is very good now (with just one or two flyovers to finish).

There is more than one Makro and Bus Station!

I hope they proceed with 24 hours a day 7 days a week construction. That area always has heavy traffic. There seem to be no residential buildings on that section of the road.

Lots of times, there is nobody, or only 2 or 3 people, on the job in many of Pattaya's public road construction job sites. Sometimes there is no progress for weeks.

13 hours ago, couchpotato said:

You don't know where Chaiyapruek is in pattaya...amazing.

Goes (1&2) from the beach into the boonies.

? I know very well as a friend lives there quite close.

Seems you haven't got the joke.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JoePai said:

But they've been digging up this area for months

I have a dread that they are going to close it off completely and try to divert traffic onto the fly over and maybe even down by Radi Mansion, soi Suk 36/1... they have already taken out the speed bumps there. 

On 3/16/2024 at 5:38 AM, ezzra said:

It seems that Pattaya's road constructions department are the bustiest in the world as there are

always, really always few sections of Pattaya's roads that are under months of constructions...

Where is all this money coming from to pay for this endless orgy of construction projects that drag on and on and on and on?

And after a project is finished its time to dig the road up and do it again...