British and American men arrested for real estate violations

webfact

1 minute ago, Goat said:

No I sold out a year ago without issue and bought Bitcoin which has doubled my wealth again.

I am about to cash out for something better.

She aint moving out and selling. You are kidding yourself.

Your equity is zero.

Didnt realise the Ubon market had trebled. 

It must be worth 3 million now. Wow 

Baht

Don't bother telling folk here about your finances, you tell so many lies on here you will be laughed at......🤭

My house worth 3 million, just shows me you know nothing about land/builds in my location, but 3 million is more than it cost me, so I am on a winner anyhooo............😂

My house has empty land either side, one side is exactly the same size, about 3 years ago was advertised at 3,500,000 bht.

The other side is not quite twice the size, our daughter in-law phoned them asking the price, 8,000,000 bht, now I know the owner of it bought it for 6,500,000 bht.......

So there ya go, you learned something today...😉

You are waaay out of touch, stick to the girlie bar rooms...😘

19 hours ago, transam said:

Oh really, I am sure we are all impressed.........:coffee1:

As for your last para, you sound envious they have a teerak, but don't worry, there's still time for you, even at your age, try something different than girlie bars, there are some nice ladies out there, even for an ageing Aussie with purport wedge.....😉

That's the worst advice possible. Neve get married to anyone (bar girl, regular girl, western girl, ladyboy, boyboy) - ANYONE. 

Or do - I still haven't gotten of saying "I tried to warn him" in the middle of a laugh. 

6 minutes ago, Aviatorhi said:

That's the worst advice possible. Neve get married to anyone (bar girl, regular girl, western girl, ladyboy, boyboy) - ANYONE. 

Or do - I still haven't gotten of saying "I tried to warn him" in the middle of a laugh. 

But are you a burned member, or gay..........?.....😉

11 minutes ago, Duncan 100 said:

Does anyone have an idea of what will happen to the guys who bought these companies and then went on to buy houses in these company names ? Will they loose their houses?

Something about bears and woods🤔

On 3/18/2024 at 2:36 AM, Presnock said:

agents providing "fake" bank accounts because an extension seeker doesn't have 800K or 400K to keep in his account is illegal - if the government decided to actually force the banks to show who that account belonged to and it wasn't the extension seeker then he would be charge for falsiying govt records in order to obtain an extension and his extension would most likely be cancelled.  Just one is here by going through all the monetary and legal paperwork by using that agent for the money is illegal.  I don't know if any of the IO's know or care as long as they know that agent and accept the paperwork they

provide as completely honest so it basically in my mind anyway it is illegal by the rules WE as foreigners are expected to follow just as we would expect Thais going to our country to follow the rules.  You obviously feel that if one can pull the wool over the local official's eyes then it is fair and legal...I was brought up obviously different from you.

Here is a good guy that follows the law, and how most of westerners are brought up. Unfortunately if things get bad in Thailand he and most like him will be the first to go. Thailand is a corrupt country from top to bottom. If it gets really bad. The only westerners living there will be the ones using agents and bribing officials. 

5 hours ago, transam said:

But are you a burned member, or gay..........?.....😉

Neither - just been seeing this <deleted> go on for my entire life and it's always the same story with equally bad results the world over. The reality is people (especially those born after about 1985) aren't really suited for living with other people regardless of background, sexuality, etc. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aviatorhi said:

Neither - just been seeing this <deleted> go on for my entire life and it's always the same story with equally bad results the world over. The reality is people (especially those born after about 1985) aren't really suited for living with other people regardless of background, sexuality, etc. 

There's a bloke on here that gives counselling, he might be able to help you.......🤔

29 minutes ago, transam said:

There's a bloke on here that gives counselling, he might be able to help you.......🤔

Ah, because I see relationships as futile (and have a bunch of circumstantial and statistical evidence to base this on) it means I "need help" - got it... unfortunately I'm not the one doing the same thing over and over and somehow expecting different results. Cheers though, you'll figure it out some day.

4 minutes ago, Aviatorhi said:

Ah, because I see relationships as futile (and have a bunch of circumstantial and statistical evidence to base this on) it means I "need help" - got it... unfortunately I'm not the one doing the same thing over and over and somehow expecting different results. Cheers though, you'll figure it out some day.

"I'll figure it out one day", I think at my old age I have figured many things out already...

But if you think relationships are futile, perhaps you should take a long hard look at yourself, after all, most creatures on our planet have relationships in one way or another, it's how the world keeps ticking over....😉

On 3/16/2024 at 12:33 PM, BrianStar said:

Yes. It's legal for a company to own land but there is a law that specifically states that a company cannot be formed specifically for the sake of owning land for a foreigner. So that company the foreigner is involved in must be conducting business and taking profits and paying taxes. Lawyers advise not to conduct business with a property owning company because of liability and it opens the doors for audits, which can lead them to discovering something you're doing wrong and force you out of the company / house. Plus you need a work permit and all that so it's a mess to get involved in just to be able to buy a house.

Right now, the risk is incredibly low for a dormant company to be audited but should the government decide to start cracking down on these dormant companies, there's going to be a lot of upset foreigners. From what i do understand, they won't make the foreigner give the keys and move out but they will make him sell the house and who knows how much time they will give to do that plus are they going to make him sell to thai people who probably won't have the money for an expensive home? It's not a pretty situation should it arise.

Hi Brian, it's certainly an interesting topic, what do you think the outcome will be for company owners who set up the company with Thai nominees simply to buy a house ? 

So what will heppen next? They hand over all their money and valuables to the police and will get kicked out.