I wonder who controls the Borough....

53 minutes ago, transam said:

I lived for many years in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, overall a nice place to live In London, and visited by many thousands from overseas every year.

But, today I read a rather alarming story regarding Greenwich Borough Council and its behaviour, and thought, who on earth would dream up this action, read the story.......:annoyed:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/award-winning-fish-chip-shop-212539821.html

Advertising restrictions . Adverts must go in designated advertising areas .

Nothing to do with the flag being banned , 

Do you think that immigrants can go to the UK and ignore all the rules ?

• Haha 2

Unauthorised advertising, that also could be regarded as graffiti being painted on a wall in that style.

Yet, if Banksy did it, it would be hailed genius! That said they recently removed one of his too.😀

41 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Advertising signs are not allowed on walls - I would say that is their issue. If they allow one sign, then they have to allow all the others. Maybe put it on the windows? or door? 

The UK always had painted wall signs, going back centuries.....😂

ghost signs - Google Search | Advertising signs, Painted signs, Ghost signs

5* hygiene rating - Picture of Olde English Chippy, Kimberley - Tripadvisor

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Advertising restrictions . Adverts must go in designated advertising areas .

Nothing to do with the flag being banned , 

Do you think that immigrants can go to the UK and ignore all the rules ?

I thought you would show up........🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

The UK always had painted wall signs, going back centuries.....😂

ghost signs - Google Search | Advertising signs, Painted signs, Ghost signs

I hear you, but I am surmising why they banned his shop's sign and I think it is because he did the first big one without permission and they made him remove it, and then he did the next smaller one again without permission, and was again asked to remove it.  The local ordinances had been changed because of whatever reasons all over UK, but I understand long standing signs were given an exemption in some councils/boroughs (and can be 'touched up'). I am surmising - but I think I am right - I doubt the issue is the Union Jack - it is the sign itself. He has tried and lost the 'local channel' - so now he is trying the social media path (smart). 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

My point is that you are so patriotic to the UK, that you don't even live there 

Though you are totally off-topic with this morning dig attempts, where does your life's patriotism lay........Pray tell.............Pattaya............😆..............:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have you been to London since  he became mayor 

Why would that concern you, yet more off-topic nonsense.....🤔

But it was Tuesday.............😂

Plus, you haven't told use where your patriotism lays yet, now come on, be honest....:clap2:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Why would that concern you, yet more off-topic nonsense.....🤔

But it was Tuesday.............😂

Plus, you haven't told use where your patriotism lays yet, now come on, be honest....:clap2:

You were in London last Tuesday ?

I do not believe you 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You were in London last Tuesday ?

I do not believe you 

:saai:....It was a jest...............:saai:

1. You seem concerned that as I may now live/retired in Thailand I should not be interested in my long time home town where I can still vote, why is that........?

2. You also insinuate that if I may live in another country I should not be interested in my long time home town, why is that...?

3. As you have made these comments, you tell me/us where your allegiance lay, or are you telling me/us you do not live in Thailand, you still live with mum where you are a citizen....🤔

No dodging now..........🤭

5 minutes ago, transam said:

:saai:....It was a jest...............:saai:

1. You seem concerned that as I may now live/retired in Thailand I should not be interested in my long time home town where I can still vote, why is that........?

2. You also insinuate that if I may live in another country I should not be interested in my long time home town, why is that...?

3. As you have made these comments, you tell me/us where your allegiance lay, or are you telling me/us you do not live in Thailand, you still live with mum where you are a citizen....🤔

No dodging now..........🤭

Because you have no idea what its like living in London or the UK . 

Huge painted adverts are not allowed anymore and its nothing to do with the flag .

I live in Thailand and London 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Because you have no idea what its like living in London or the UK . 

Huge painted adverts are not allowed anymore and its nothing to do with the flag .

I live in Thailand and London 

So, as you, regarding me, have insinuated cr@p, it is none of your business regarding me and this thread, now is it, because you don't live in the UK 24/7 either.....:ermm:

Bit of advice, forget your daily digs at me, you always get buried.....Move on, chap, go chat with that bird/bloke.............:clap2:

1 minute ago, CharlieKo said:

All part of the woke madness in the UK. Nationalism is racist. Culturally, Nationalism in anti woke. The destruction of the culture! 

Eh.......?  🤔

We are discussing a sign on a chip shop in Greenwich, chum..............😋

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Eh.......?  🤔

We are discussing a sign on a chip shop in Greenwich, chum..............😋

Well Chum, in case you didn't notice, It's a mural with the Union Jack incorporated into it. He hasn't been ordered take it down because of the fish!

If you flew a union Jack from your house, how long before you would be told to take it down?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Well Chum, in case you didn't notice, It's a mural with the Union Jack incorporated into it. He hasn't been ordered take it down because of the fish!

If you flew a union Jack from your house, how long before you would be told to take it down?

Maybe depends on the religion or nationality background, history of the bloke in charge, plus their political persuasion.........🤔

Take Sadiq Khan, for instance, making a right mess for Londoners...🤢

Just now, transam said:

Maybe depends on the religion or nationality background, history of the bloke in charge, plus their political persuasion.........🤔

Take Sadiq Khan, for instance, making a right mess for Londoners...🤢

The owner sounds Italian. But when you have a sign with "British fish and chips" with the national flag incorporated. The woke's look at it as racist. And that is the only reason. Also Riski is doing his bit to ruin the country. It's the madness that grips the west in general.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

The owner sounds Italian. But when you have a sign with "British fish and chips" with the national flag incorporated. The woke's look at it as racist. And that is the only reason. Also Riski is doing his bit to ruin the country. It's the madness that grips the west in general.

I thought the owner looked Turkish. I had Turkish friends who had fish & chip shops for many years in S. London, excellent wing of skate and chips made to order.....:licklips:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought the owner looked Turkish. I had Turkish friends who had fish & chip shops for many years in S. London, excellent wing of skate and chips made to order.....:licklips:

Yes he could be Turkish. I was just guessing. Maybe it shows the contradiction of woke madness. If he's Turkish, He's probably a muslim. Yet he or muslims are one of the reasons why he has been asked to take the mural down In the name of inclusiveness! LOL.

Edited by CharlieKo