I wonder who controls the Borough....

56 minutes ago, transam said:

Eh.......?  🤔

We are discussing a sign on a chip shop in Greenwich, chum..............😋

Yes it is. But the woke influence in the UK now seems to encourage not displaying the UK national flag. Apparently it causes offence to some.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Yep, Turkish..........:thumbsup:

Or a Greek Cypriot who was living in north Cyprus and was kicked out when the island partitioned...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

Well Chum, in case you didn't notice, It's a mural with the Union Jack incorporated into it. He hasn't been ordered take it down because of the fish!

If you flew a union Jack from your house, how long before you would be told to take it down?

Depends where you flew it from. You need permission to erect a flagpole in the UK but, other than that, you can display the Union Jack or flag of St. George to your heart's content.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes it is. But the woke influence in the UK now seems to encourage not displaying the UK national flag. Apparently it causes offence to some.

If the 2022 World Cup is anything to go by, there will be plenty of St. George's (and St. Andrew's) flags flying this summer during the Euros 

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Or a Greek Cypriot who was living in north Cyprus and was kicked out when the island partitioned...

Could be, at least we've sorted that out, now back to his sign and who controls the Borough.......😉

The local council's leader is a lefty, his name is..Antony Okereke.......:cowboy:

3 hours ago, transam said:

Could be, at least we've sorted that out, now back to his sign and who controls the Borough.......😉

The local council's leader is a lefty, his name is..Antony Okereke.......:cowboy:

Hello there!

Not just the councils leader ,but Wales now,the hole of it  Vaugan Gething,get the cooking pot out

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Racist groups have have jacked the flag and now it has racial connections 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

So, as you, regarding me, have insinuated cr@p, it is none of your business regarding me and this thread, now is it, because you don't live in the UK 24/7 either.....:ermm:

Bit of advice, forget your daily digs at me, you always get buried.....Move on, chap, go chat with that bird/bloke.............:clap2:

I have lost all contact with her, thanks to you .

I lost a friend, I wont forget 

Its nothing to do with the union jack. The regulations around what is called 'Out of House Advertising' (OOH) - which includes most external signage - have always been pretty strict. For most councils for anything bigger than 0.3 sq. m. (which is actually quite small) you need planning permission.  If councils let this sort of thing slide then half the walls in the town would have stuff painted on or stuck on. The chip shop owner is milking it for all its worth for the free publicity.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Its nothing to do with the union jack. The regulations around what is called 'Out of House Advertising' (OOH) - which includes most external signage - have always been pretty strict. For most councils for anything bigger than 0.3 sq. m. (which is actually quite small) you need planning permission.  If councils let this sort of thing slide then half the walls in the town would have stuff painted on or stuck on. The chip shop owner is milking it for all its worth for the free publicity.

Oh dear, Hauptmann is angry at Chris, The UK has always had building advertising, it's only people like you who are offended by it, as it might have an impact on the value of your street......

Do a Google search on UK business wall advertising...:annoyed: 

image.jpeg.893053ff6d9b4e25abad369c8923c729.jpeg

Or how about modern wall advertising............😂

Outdoor advertising - making a big impact | Marketing Donut

6 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I am not angry at Chris. Obviously very old wall advertising was done in a different era when there were fewer regulations and some of it is actually now protected by heritage legislation (it can't be overpainted).   Modern wall advertising and OOH signage is covered by planning regulations, as I stated above. Not really surprising or difficult to understand, is it? I know a bit about the subject since I've had to apply to a local council to install and change signage.

I thought you might, Captain........🤭

• Confused 1