Foreigners Assault Phuket Policeman After Being Chased Over Traffic Violation

Crossy

1 hour ago, hydraides said:

He would be 100% dead already in america, take an officers gun and if a officer is nearby they will Shoot to KILL.....basically 5 or 6 shots at close range aimed at the head

You seem to be spouting this as a good thing?

I don't have a high regard for Thai police. But, holding a police officer in a headlock and taking away his firearm!!!

I fully expect that lengthy prison sentences will follow (unless the two perps can afford to pay their way out))

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Another blow to the reputation of Farangdom in Thailand. Unbelievably stupid move by this moron.

Note the newscaster says "Farang again" and the word Farang is the video title. Not good at all.

Those guys seem to be making a citizen's arrest.

But, for what purpose?

What a mystery....

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

But, holding a police officer in a headlock and taking away his firearm!!!

I find that part quite hilarious. And that's why they are in deep <deleted>.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Those guys seem to be making a citizen's arrest.

But, for what purpose?

What a mystery....

Yes that was my thought, was wondering if NZ was involved in "peacekeeping" in Afghanistan, could explain the skill, the cool, and a certain attitude towards natives.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Another blow to the reputation of Farangdom in Thailand. Unbelievably stupid move by this moron.

Note the newscaster says "Farang again" and the word Farang is the video title. Not good at all.

Yes indeed, with regards to what we were talking about the other day, about the German guy killing a kid on a scooter, in this report they clearly say "two farangs", not "two foreigners". Then the news anchor goes on to say "Phuket, again! But this time New-Zealanders". The exasperation is palpable.

Edited by rattlesnake

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

This is beyond outrageous. 😡

WHY are so many here firmly on the side of foreign criminals?

Have you ever encountered chalong police or been through that roundabout?

Obviously the Kiwi tourists shouldn't have done what they did, but chalong police stop and fine tourists ALOT, probably the most out of any province in thailand, not an exaggeration. They chase down tourists on that road to rawai actively....most Thai police just have checkpoints and don't actively pursue

Maybe these Kiwi tourists were on holiday and  booked a hotel room before the chalong roundable. 

Maybe they already got pulled over  once or twice and fined already on a short holiday they were on.....when trying they are just trying to enjoy there holiday an get to the beach and they didn't realise there drivers license at home wasn't enough to drive

Lets say they got pulled over a third time ......and just completely lost it and thought it was majorly unfair to pay another fine on their holiday they were just trying to enjoy 

The problem is that roundabout is a chokepoint to the major beaches on the south and west of the island. These police perhaps ruined these guys holiday from being stopped multiple times 

Also from the pictures -  the rider is clearing wearing a helmet, he's probably seen 20 thai drivers in front of him with no helmet pass freely through the roundabout - without chalong police even batting an eye lid. Then they got singled out and shakedowned - You can understand why they feel unfairly targeted but obviously no justification for their actions  

Edited by hydraides
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How stupid do they have to be to think they will get away with this? Unbelievable! 

I have seen Thai police in CM pulling guns and shouting at Thais for stupid reason

But they didn't think they were gonna get shot, then shut up and complied by dispersing from the location

I am willing to hear the Kiwi side of the story but obviously they overreacted

I have been pulled over in Chiang Mai three times in one day during a high season. Helmet, License, no problem.

Edited by Captain Monday

Most Kiwi blokes are tough bastards,nearly all play sport , rugby and league. Not condoning what they did,must have had a good reason,But this is not  going to end good fot the kiwi boys.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hydraides said:

Lets say they got pulled over a third time ......and just completely lost it and thought it was majorly unfair to pay another fine on their holiday they were just trying to enjoy 

If in a theoretically view they had been stopped two times before, and didn't have the rite license to drive - then erm yeah you need to get of the scooter and get a taxi to continue your holiday. 

Paying a fine, doesn't give you immunity to just keep going along with the incorrect documentation. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Thumbs Up 1