Foreigners Assault Phuket Policeman After Being Chased Over Traffic Violation

Crossy

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Do they put something in the water in Phuket, I always thought New Zealanders were cool calm and collective, still the Swiss can breathe a sigh of relief.

Rather fight than f...,they would! 

They could be escaped convicts from Australia! 

Nah,  just a couple of dickheads that need to do some time inside. 

Way to go you bloody losers. 

Edited by Korat Kiwi

1 hour ago, hydraides said:

Going to ruin it for everyone,

How many farangs are now going to be turned away with long visa histories at immigration?..... by disgruntled IO officials who join in in the anti farang sentiment

Non because in the real world, away from the drunken expat bar stool talk things are very different. They can't and never will refuse someone's extension of stay based purely on what other people are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Just watched the video... maybe I was hasty in my judgement.. it looks like he MIGHT have been trying to restrain the policeman and remove his firearm to prevent something bad from happening once he takes possession he immediately gives it to his mate to make safe .. and his friends body language does not look threatening or aggressive...

All the above might be a load of cobblers.. but I would like to hear what the Kiwis have to say...

Once you're in a fight on the ground with a gun involved than anything can happen. The question is why was he fighting with the police in the first place? In the US they will absolutely shoot you for this so the guy may have known and decided to take the gun once the fight started. At the most the police may have tried to detain him and of course when this happens you comply, not fight back.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Non because in the real world, away from the drunken expat bar stool talk things are very different. They can't and never will refuse someone's extension of stay based purely on what other people are doing. 

People are going to have enough of this nonsense if it keeps happening. You seriously think the officials aren't paying attention? They already have low tolerance for foreigners so this can only go one way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

But to me the bloke wrestling the copper on the floor to me does not look like he is going all in to bash up the copper and damage him ....

fair enough. I'll be eager to hear his side of the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

What would happen to two Thais if they attacked a policeman in your home country?

not even remotely comparable. We all know how Thai's see foreigners and it isn't the same.

• Confused 1