Wart removal with Gillete Razor and Whiskey

Wartafter1mth.thumb.jpg.3867da5cb5878c6be8e703aa2ae0170a.jpgWartinitially.thumb.jpg.365bdb0ecb4b4728cdd8f71f34b9c937.jpgOver a months’ time, I have stopped the itching, occasional bleeding and pain from a wart on my index finger by drying my hand out well first. Then after a swig of whiskey with alcohol and bandages ready I take a few good swipes at it. I repeated this process about 5 times. One more to go, but no more itching irritation or bleeding. It does not bother me at all currently and has been reduced substantially in size. All the stuff online, acid etc. never worked.

Edited by rexpotter
Same photo twice
  • Like 1

You will likely spread the wart around by trying to cut it off yourself, in slices.

As Sheryl suggested, cryo is the best, fastest, and most effective way, why do you want to do it Bangkok Hospital, knowing they are the most expensive?

Find a cheaper place, even a roadside skin clinic should be able to do it for you, for maybe a couple hundred baht.  

On 3/18/2024 at 12:22 PM, Sheryl said:

Easy and inexpensive to have doctor remove with cryo.

And safer/more effective than these home remedies. 

Agreed, however, those of us on blood thinners it may well be better to zap with the laser as it seals the wound.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:54 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

I was of the belief that it's a wart virus that causes them to occur. 

Cutting them off in your process is thereby likely to spread the virus resulting in more warts

Indeed you are correct, even when removed by a doctor.

Best just to let them go away on their own. 

• Agree 1

So, it is still there just smaller?

Maybe it is skin cancer.

Unbelievable I guess to save some baht?

This should be a procedure evaluated and performed by a qualified Doctor.

Edited by bkk6060

The super glue sounds good to me. If you starve the wart of air it will usually dry up and fall out. Knives or razors should be a real No No.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/18/2024 at 8:52 AM, brianthainess said:

White vinegar with lemon juice. Marinated then apply with some lemon 'flesh' and a plaster on top to hold in place. I had some removed with dry ice in a hospital, but they started to come back. then I tried the above method, they went and never came back. 

The internet tells me the preferred method is liquid nitrogen, which is quite a lot colder than dry ice. I'm currently trying salicylic acid. I may try superglue, since this doesn't seem to be doing anything.

17 hours ago, kimothai said:

I have found going to a Dermatologist and having them burned off with liquid nitrogen has worked 100% for me.  At least when you see a doctor they can determine exactly what is wrong.  This whole self-diagnosis/self-treatment is risky and could lead to further complications IMHO.  This procedure with the whiskey and razor is a bit too barbaric for me.

I don't think I am as civilized as you. Acid, Duct Tape and vinegar kind of worked but it didn't. I need to do do one more swipe when I feel barbaric enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:54 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

Ouch that sounded painful!  I was of the belief that it's a wart virus that causes them to occur. 

Cutting them off in your process is thereby likely to spread the virus resulting in more warts. 

I could be completely wrong however. 

I tried the salicylic acid method for a wart on my nose.  It stung like hell, and I still look like a witch! 

One day I may try the dry ice method via a doctors surgery but I'll test the super glue method 1st.  Hopefully without gluing a finger onto my nose! 

Its been a month since the last swipe, and it simply does not bother me anymore, tiny bit of a scar there. I always like to keep in mind that everything on the web is always tainted and they always suggest things that don't work. The last line is always "See a Doctor'.

Just now, rexpotter said:

Its been a month since the last swipe, and it simply does not bother me anymore, tiny bit of a scar there. I always like to keep in mind that everything on the web is always tainted and they always suggest things that don't work. The last line is always "See a Doctor'.

Shills get paid well to go on all these forums etc, to support Big Farma and the Medical profession. Last thing they want is for us to solve our own problems for free.